Chevy/GMC Small Trucks Forum Discuss the Colorado, Canyon, Sonoma, S-10, etc here!

No Brake Lights or Hazards

Old 07-14-2015, 08:53 PM
Beginner
Default No Brake Lights or Hazards

I have a 94 chevy stepside, 2rwd, base. I have no brake lights. I researched the forums, and discovered I have no hazard lights as well. Checked all fuses and ground on rear driver's side frame. Could this be the result of the brake lamp relay located right above the brake booster ? Having no hazard lights front and rear would tell me it's not the brake switch under the dash. Would this be true ? Or is the hazards on a different circuit ? Besides, I just replaced the brake light switch a year ago. I have tail lights, backup lights, and turn signals. Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Yes the Brake light and four way flashers are of the same circuit and are related. If those fuses test OK? I would say the relay will need to be replaced.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:43 PM
Beginner

Originally Posted by In2Trux
Yes the Brake light and four way flashers are of the same circuit and are related. If those fuses test OK? I would say the relay will need to be replaced.

Thanks for the reply. Replaced the relay and now have flashers. While troubleshooting this weekend I notice a second yellow in the harness coming from the front not inserted into the 4 wire connector. (Yellow, Brown, lite and dark green). As should be. Just hanging loosely in the wire loom. Now this harness has not been molested as I bought this truck new. So what's this additional yellow wire for ? Is this an auxiliary wire for towing ?

Thanks in advance