Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

02 Silverado stuck in Low 4 by 4 and no reverse lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 04:25 PM
Beginner
Default 02 Silverado stuck in Low 4 by 4 and no reverse lights

I have an 02 Silverado five three four by four I just swapped motor transmission and transfer case from a 01 Tahoe that I drove for five years but was impacted in the side and had this other truck sitting needed to trannies so I just swapped it all out first putting together everything was fine and then I'll today at startup says Service 4 by 4 and no reverse lights and now it don't want to crank all that's why it's come on everything would the neutral safety switch Park safety switch do the 4x4 to ?

Old 02-10-2017, 08:57 PM
Beginner

Originally Posted by Rachetralph
I have an 02 Silverado five three four by four I just swapped motor transmission and transfer case from a 01 Tahoe that I drove for five years but was impacted in the side and had this other truck sitting needed to trannies so I just swapped it all out first putting together everything was fine and then I'll today at startup says Service 4 by 4 and no reverse lights and now it don't want to crank all that's why it's come on everything would the neutral safety switch Park safety switch do the 4x4 to ?
. well today I change the park neutral safety switch I've checked all fuses that I can find a related I also changed transfer case control module I changed to switch change the front differential actuator and still nothing I am kind of stumped but tomorrow's a new process I'm going to try to change speed sensors and whatnot every other I have checked all the grounds I've never had this kind of trouble date before the truck was signed into wheel drive and then next day went to start it up after finishing a few odds and ends had to change the motor transmission and transfer case and now it's stuck in 4 Low so any advice or anything to try be very grateful thank you