Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

03 silverado front tires rub

Old 01-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Default 03 silverado front tires rub

I have an 03 silverado 2wd with a 3 inch suspension lift and 33" tires. They only rub when going in reverse with the wheel cut hard. Anyone else have this problem? I'm debating putting a 3 inch body lift but don't want to if i don't have to.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by daves963
I have an 03 silverado 2wd with a 3 inch suspension lift and 33" tires. They only rub when going in reverse with the wheel cut hard. Anyone else have this problem? I'm debating putting a 3 inch body lift but don't want to if i don't have to.
I know nothing about lifts or that stuff.

But what if you put a like 1" leveling kit on the front?

Old 02-08-2011, 09:48 PM

zone offroad makes a 1.5 in body lift

Old 02-09-2011, 09:07 AM

Never put a body lift on anything.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by honestblades
Never put a body lift on anything.
well thats your opinion

Old 02-11-2011, 07:44 AM

That's actually a common sense opinion. Obviously this is a young kid,otherwise he wouldn't have lifted a two wheel drive truck. But I tell you what, go ahead and advise him to put a body lift on the truck to go offroading with his friends, and just hope to god that he doesn't lose his life or get paralized when the truck flips due to the body lift making the truck unstable. Go ahead buddy.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

People get hurt or killed almost the same in a stock vehicle. Maybe he is doin this to be crazy on the road, or maybe he is doing this to run on an official race track, or maybe he lives in a climate where it is always wet and has alot of snow. Point is, we can't MOTHER the whole world, its a choice we make on our own.

I have had lifted and dropped trucks just for the fun of it, but I never went crazy and did something stupid, cause I chose not too. I understand your point, but all we can say is BE CAREFUL OUT THERE! And also its just a 1.5" lift.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by honestblades
That's actually a common sense opinion. Obviously this is a young kid,otherwise he wouldn't have lifted a two wheel drive truck. But I tell you what, go ahead and advise him to put a body lift on the truck to go offroading with his friends, and just hope to god that he doesn't lose his life or get paralized when the truck flips due to the body lift making the truck unstable. Go ahead buddy.
really dude? little exaggerated there. its his truck he can do what he wants. ive done research i wouldnt do a 3 in body lift so thats why im doing the 1.5 on my truck

Old 02-12-2011, 09:42 AM

why not? explain (:

Old 02-12-2011, 09:48 AM

wow guys u should really chill out. You are all being hypocrites. Look at yourselves. he was merely stating his own opinion and you guys all sh*t on him. I think u are all right we should all state our own opinion thats why he posted that he was doing a lift on a 2wd. if he didnt want any comments dont post. I with him on this. Dude buy a bigger truck. I hear u, u this is ur project....but come on thats over kill and you are going to ruin ur truck. its not designed for some of that stuff. and i think it looks retarded. But hey Thats MY own opinion right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 03 silverado front tires rub