Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

07 Rearend explodes!!! damn my luck!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Default 07 Rearend explodes!!! damn my luck!!

well this is how the day started i was goingdown a road called nationway, a 50 mph road and well i felt a tug......no noise, just a tug, the i heard 5 or 6 REALLY loud bangs, i knew it was the rearend, but it locked up compltely before i could do anything, and sent me sideways, with me thinking i was gonna roll it, but i didnt! Anyways SC_CHEVY_LOVER came and got me, and i had a tow truck come get my truck and take it to the dealership.....the hole in my rear cover was big enough to put a 50 cent piece through, and my drive line broke at the rear yoke....AND my tranny was pouring fluid......!!!!WTF???!!!??? well went to the dealership to pick up a rental car, and the stupid dumbass lady behind the counter says she can not issue me a rental car until she sees that i am not at fault for what happened to my truck....wanna talk about choke someone!! ohh i was pissed. anyways just had to let that out, im extremely dissapointed in my Chevy right now, 4000 miles, and this happened!!?? i dunno, but the lady called and said it was complete drivetrain mechanical failure!!has anyone ever had something like this happen?? i know it is getting fixed under warranty, but this truck has me worrying!

Old 03-02-2007, 06:27 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: 07 Rearend explodes!!! damn my luck!!

Well it must just be a bad week for all of us. I was planning on putting my tax return in to my truck for some more power. When monday my lovely wifes car broke a valve spring and bent a rod. Well lets just say there goes all my tax return. Well hope all goes good with your trucks Bigtexaschevy and SC_CHEVY_LOVER.Sadly my cai and exhaust and tires are just going to have to wait.[:@]

Old 03-02-2007, 08:11 PM

Yep, is truck was a site to see!! I've never scene a bigger hole in rear cover than the one he had. I swear if someone would have been walking, they would have probably sustained massive trauma from flying gears!

I have never in my life scene more bad luck happen to a bunch of guys in my life!! Hunt4game29 I'm sorry to hear about your wifes car and you getting screwed out of your tax return. I suppose when it rains, it really does pour.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:06 AM

BigTexasChevy - dude you have been hanging around SC_CHEVY_LOVER for way to long bro. His bad mojo is coming to you, if I had not been having **** myself (thankfully not truck related (knock on wood)) I would avoid you guys like the plague. What have you guys been doing soo wrong that has caused all this? Anyway, sorry to here about your pile man, I can't believe that gave you that much ****. But stick with it, your truck will survive and soon this will all be nothing but a bad dream. Keep your head up man. By the way (if you ask SC_CHEVY_LOVER he will explain, its a medic thing) do you have any pics of the carnage??

Old 03-03-2007, 01:09 AM

no pics, i am going to go up to the dealership and see about snapping a few pics. all i know is this, i am getting my truck back ...and i am not oigng to do any mods that void warranty for a while....my luck, as soon as i do.....well i wont go there....anyways it was a crazy sight!!I thankfully now can laugh it off. But anyways guys i am going to try and get you some pics of some sort anyways.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:00 PM

Sounds like you need to appeal to a higher athourity and gfet a new truck all together. Sometimes The manufacturer will buy a vehicle back so they can research what the problem is in case of a recall. that way they won't spend alot of money in recall hell and you can get another new truck.

Remember,
The sqeaky wheel gets the grease, but you get a lot more attention with something louder.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:00 PM
TruckForum Addict

Yeah there was something in the air last week. After i posted friday about my wifes car when i went and picked it up on friday ($1300 but i paid cash and got it for $1100 cash does wonders if you know what i meen) i learned that thursday night my bosses 1972 chevy pickup with only 50,000 miles onit was stolen. So there was somethingin the air.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:04 AM

well i dunno i think they might be buying it back, i have to go in and meet with some GM office guy, and my dealerships manager tommorow, so i will tell you what they say. as for the bad carma in the air...i know, there is just so much BS going on right now it is stupid...but i say F!#% it and just keep on truckin!

Old 03-05-2007, 07:55 PM

well i hope you can get a new truck. good luck

Old 03-05-2007, 10:30 PM

DON"T SETTLE! make them give you a better truck and oil changes ,tires and brakes for life!

Quick Reply: 07 Rearend explodes!!! damn my luck!!