Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

'08 Extended Cab Passenger Window

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 02:58 AM
Unhappy '08 Extended Cab Passenger Window

The other day I rolled down both driver side windows to listen to some tunes while pumping gas. When I got back in only the front driver side would roll up. When I press the button to roll up the back driver side window I can hear some grinding and the motor turning... kinda.

I just finished getting the door panel off and I was able to disconnect the motor. I held the motor in my hand and when I pressed the window button I could see it spin in both directions with no issues (not sure how fast it is supposed to go though).

The connection on the assembly that the motor is supposed to turn seams stuck. I noticed that a 3/4' paddle bit fits right in there. I poked the bit in and attached a screwdriver handle to it and I cannot get it to turn for the life of me. Shouldn't I be able to turn that by hand? Or would it be locked?

I am not sure how to disconnect that entire assembly but assuming that is the problem and that I can remove it does anyone know the best/cheapest place to get a new one?