Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

A little about me any ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 05:21 AM
Default A little about me any ride

I own a 2007 Classic Silverado 1500 HD LT 4x4 Z71, its Victory Red, 4 door Extended Cab, short bed
I have personally owned the Super Chips Flash Pac, it does almost everything that it said it can. If you have after market mods (who doesn’t) you can’t reprogram your ECM with the programmer, so to get full advantage of your mods you still need to go to a shop or give up your first born by going to a dealership, and get your engine retuned and dynode.
I have installed a lot of after market mods to squeeze ponies, like the K&N cold air intake, Airaid 90mm throttle body and spacer, Headman long tube Hedders, High Flow High Performance Flow master Cats, Borla Single in dual out mufflers, all 3” pipe starting at the hedder collectors, Electric Water pump and Radiator Fan, Oil Cooler, Tranny Cooler, Fuel Cooler, High flow fuel pump, High flow fuel injection rail and injectors, Electric Open Cut out exhaust flanges, HyperTech Hyper Pac.
With in the next few months I want to install a new Allison 6 speed auto, and supercharge the 5.3L
For the Suspension I have added a 6” Pro Comp lift, dual shock bracket front (total of 3 shocks per tire) multiple shock brackets on rear, I also welded on another set on the rear for a total of 4 per rear tire, Dual ladder bars (front / rear) with dual shocks per ladder bar, and Skid plates I have had both axles regeared to 4.88
For the exterior I added Rhino Liner, fender flares, good hood GHG-121 Dual Scoop ram air hood, Trail Ready Bumpers front and rear, custom tool box, smitty built 3/2 roll bar along with bed rail bars, a pre runner tire Gate, and revolver billet door handles
I installed the following into the interior : visor storage unit, under seat storage box, diamond plate floor mats ( front only ) 2 10” subs in place of fold down center console, and bose speakers through out cab, along with sound resonation insulation, Carbon Fiber Dash 42 piece kit,
By the way I have nothing but time and money to play with, if you’re an aspiring truck builder this is not a typical 3 month project with out an unlimited budget.
I was impressed with the hyper tech tuner; you can dyno the motor and the rwd hp. It is a very thorough product.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:11 AM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: A little about me any ride

Welcome. So are you going to install a cam? Also sounds like a very nice truck get some pictures up later if you can.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:06 PM

Sounds very nice, would like to see a pic as well. Sounds like either he knows his stuff or has alot of friends that do or $$$$$$$$$$ is no object. Wish i had the $$$$$$$$$$ to set my truck up with like 33's and maybe a small lift but nowadays, its impractical for me to do that, plus $$$$$$$$$$ is an object. I used to have an '89 GMC Sportside 4X4, had a 4" body lift with 35's. It was a very nice truck, fender flares, Rollbar, lights etc........ But now, my '03 Baby just LQQKs good. Its all SHOW, and NO GO.... Eventually i wanna put a Roll Bar and Bull Bar on her, but that may be a pipe dream, with the way the economy is nowadays. Jim

Old 02-09-2008, 02:22 PM

welcome to the forum... sounds like you have a real nice truck