Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Frustrated with GM's leadership - RANT

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Default Frustrated with GM's leadership - RANT

GM is pulling the plug on any new major truck development. I am so frustrated about this, I guess I just want to know if the frustration is shared. I posted my rant and a link to the newstory on my BLOG.

On a happier note, if you decide to go to the blog, scroll down a little further to check out the big block, blown, nitrous guzzeling, joystick controlled Chevy truck I spotted last week. Not mine, and I did not get a chance to talk with the owner, but their are several pictures.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:39 AM
Default RE: Frustrated with GM's leadership - RANT

spam much?

Old 06-20-2008, 08:14 AM

Yeah for real. I dont know where you get your info but this just looks like someone trying to promote themselves to me. Whata joker.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:10 PM

Spam?? Joker?? Heck you guy's could qualify for an executive position at GM.

You must have missed the link to theoriginal article.

"GM to halt major overhaul of pickups, SUVs
Thursday June 19, 5:00 pm ET
By Jeff Karoub, AP Business Writer "

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080619/gm_truck_plans.html

Also, I thought Chevy truck guys would be interested in the Joystick truck photo's, I shot at the local car/truck gathering.

Probably my fault forcombining thetwo things and for thinking I might having any of relevance or coolness to show, but hey, have a nice day.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:18 PM

the simple solution to gas prices is buy a cheapy that gets 20+ mpg. my truck might pull off 15 highway on cruise at 60, city i dont even like to think about and thats all i do. i work in baltimore and have a round trip 50 miles a day. but i also bought a raggidy car that gets 22 mpg and costs a total of $85 a month on insurance while my truck sits all week

Old 06-20-2008, 03:28 PM

I have a truck and a "cheapy" also. My cheapy gets me to my office job every day and the truck hauls the horses and dirt bikes on the weekends.

But my point in my blog was that a large number of people depend on their trucks for everyday work, and drive the heck out of them. They simplydon't have the cheapy option. The best they candopass their higheroperations cost onto the customer.

It's way past high time to put some serious R&D into truck design to see if the 10-15MPG can be 20-30MPG or greater. This is one of the things GM could have been doing instead of dragging the feet and being reactive instead of innovating and being proactive. I think GM's engineering team is up to the task.