Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

2010 Chevrolet Silverado Slight Hesitation upon Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Beginner
Default 2010 Chevrolet Silverado Slight Hesitation upon Acceleration

Hello,

I have a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado LT Z-71 Crew Cab, 5.3L V8/6 speed, automatic transmission with 46K on the clock.

When I take off after a complete stop, there is a noticeable hesitation/bucking feeling before moving through all the gears. The active fuel management shows V8 during take-off, which is normal so I know it's not running on 4 cylinders. Further, there are no codes present within the ECU. All preventative maintenance was done, including a new air filter with oil/filter change.

This truck was purchased new and never experienced any issues up until 10K miles ago. From being a former automotive tech, I know for a fact this isn't normal behavior.

With that being said, I'm curious to see if anyone else has experienced, or currently experiencing this issue and if so, what was found to correct the problem.

Thank you,
IronBear

Old 10-07-2013, 01:44 PM
TMW

Try putting it in 1st gear just to make sure it is downshifting when you stop.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Beginner

The transmission is downshifting. In fact, when I shift the truck manually (in manual mode) to shift at a higher RPM, the hesitation seems to be eliminated.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Administrator

I'm wondering if you picked up some bad fuel or possible the fuel filter is beginning to plug.
What I'm saying, it sounds like it might be starving for fuel causing the miss fire or lack of power.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:19 PM
TruckForum Addict

Torque converter chatter perhaps. If that's the issue, I have seen it solved by having a shop flush your transmission fluid. They have chemicals they put in the trans to clean it, then they put a machine on it and exchange the fluid, then they have a trans fluid conditioner that they put in to help keep it from foaming and burning up too soon.

Really it's a pretty good system when it's done right. It's easy to mess up though, so make sure and have a good shop do it that really knows what they're doing. I'd say 50K is a great time to flush the transmission. In fact, it wouldn't hurt to drop the pan and change the filter either.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by IronBear
Hello,

I have a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado LT Z-71 Crew Cab, 5.3L V8/6 speed, automatic transmission with 46K on the clock.

When I take off after a complete stop, there is a noticeable hesitation/bucking feeling before moving through all the gears. The active fuel management shows V8 during take-off, which is normal so I know it's not running on 4 cylinders. Further, there are no codes present within the ECU. All preventative maintenance was done, including a new air filter with oil/filter change.

This truck was purchased new and never experienced any issues up until 10K miles ago. From being a former automotive tech, I know for a fact this isn't normal behavior.

With that being said, I'm curious to see if anyone else has experienced, or currently experiencing this issue and if so, what was found to correct the problem.

Thank you,
IronBear
IronBear,

I am truly sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I did see that you private messaged me and I already responded. Looking forward to assisting you.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Old 11-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Beginner

And the answer is...?? I have had similar issue with my 2011. Feels like a dead spot in the throttle response while under acceleration. Curious about the resolution of your issue. Thanks.
Grey Dog

Old 11-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Grey Dog
And the answer is...?? I have had similar issue with my 2011. Feels like a dead spot in the throttle response while under acceleration. Curious about the resolution of your issue. Thanks.
Grey Dog
I would love to know if the problem was solved also

Old 05-25-2014, 06:52 AM
Beginner

Originally Posted by GM Customer Service
IronBear,

I am truly sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I did see that you private messaged me and I already responded. Looking forward to assisting you.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care
Hello Jennifer,

I just sent you both a private message and a separate email. My issues are becoming progressively worse. As you see, other individuals are experiencing similar issues. I've become very frustrated with this truck.

Thank you,
IronBear

Last edited by IronBear; 05-25-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:27 AM
Beginner

Originally Posted by Grey Dog
Grey Dog
As of now, there is no answer. When I brought the truck to the dealer last year, they couldn't diagnosis the problem, probably because the check engine light wasn't illuminating, and it still isn't illuminating.

Yesterday, it was really bucking bad because I was towing two ATV's on an aluminum trailer (total weight was just under 2000).

This certainly isn't normal behavior by any means.

Quick Reply: 2010 Chevrolet Silverado Slight Hesitation upon Acceleration