Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Colorado vs. Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Default Colorado vs. Silverado

Hello eveyrbody!

i got a quick question for you all. im interested in buying a new chevy truck. i had my heart set on the silverado...probably the 1500 is in my price range better. but then i saw the colorado, which is a good pickup turck as well. can anybody offer any advice about what would be better to buy? adventages disadvanteges?

any help would be really appreciate.
oh, also, can anyone suggest a dealership to buy here in indianapolis, IN?

there is one nearby but not sure if its any good.
http://www.blossomchevy.com/HomePage

help me out pleeeaaase! thanks!

Old 01-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Go with the Silverado. You get a V-8, a large cab, large payload capacity, and fuel economy that isn't all that much worse than the little half truck colorado. I have not driven one, but Consumerreports does not rate the colorado well at all

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Kevin

Old 01-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by 92chevysilvy
Go with the Silverado. You get a V-8, a large cab, large payload capacity, and fuel economy that isn't all that much worse than the little half truck colorado. I have not driven one, but Consumerreports does not rate the colorado well at all

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Kevin
I agree with Kevin. A Silverado with a 5.3 will do just fine. Plenty of pep and room.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Beginner

i just had the same situation and i drove the silverado z71 4x4 with the 5.3 (which i purchased) then i drove a colorado z71 4x4 with the 5.3( yes they now come in a 5.3 which was 2 my surprise) the colorado was quick being smaller, but it didnt have the solid feel or the interior room and comfort of my silverado. the fuel mileage was actually rated the same with the 5.3 and it was only a few thousand cheaper. The silverado is the best bet and a colorado with the inline 5cyl is useless to tow my buddy has one and it has issues towing a snowmobile trailer with 2 sleds through the hills. definitely go with the silverado!

Old 01-21-2010, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by NaturalBornTrucker
Hello eveyrbody!

i got a quick question for you all. im interested in buying a new chevy truck. i had my heart set on the silverado...probably the 1500 is in my price range better. but then i saw the colorado, which is a good pickup turck as well. can anybody offer any advice about what would be better to buy? adventages disadvanteges?

any help would be really appreciate.
oh, also, can anyone suggest a dealership to buy here in indianapolis, IN?

there is one nearby but not sure if its any good.
http://www.blossomchevy.com/HomePage

help me out pleeeaaase! thanks!
hey driver im in indy i bought my 03 silverado 2500 at mikes preowned on shadeland between 10th and 16th they treated me good and i got a good deal on it

they also have a dealership down the street on east washington and 465

and about 3 years ago i bought my toyota pickup at butler toyota on 96th and keystone and also was treated good there

who u drive for by the way?

Last edited by Old International; 01-21-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Radoz71
i just had the same situation and i drove the silverado z71 4x4 with the 5.3 (which i purchased) then i drove a colorado z71 4x4 with the 5.3( yes they now come in a 5.3 which was 2 my surprise) the colorado was quick being smaller, but it didnt have the solid feel or the interior room and comfort of my silverado. the fuel mileage was actually rated the same with the 5.3 and it was only a few thousand cheaper. The silverado is the best bet and a colorado with the inline 5cyl is useless to tow my buddy has one and it has issues towing a snowmobile trailer with 2 sleds through the hills. definitely go with the silverado!
i went from a toyota tacoma 2 door extended cab to a 25000 silverado quad cab.....LOVE the extra space, hell i wouldnt mind havin a 6 door!

Old 01-21-2010, 04:51 PM

Wow I didnt know they would put those 5.3's in the Colorado's. Even some of the Buick LaCrosse's have the 5.3's in them. A very well built motor with the power and efficiency.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:44 PM

I know that a few of the people on the colorado forum I'm on ended up trading up to a silverado. I wanted the colorado because I didn't really need a fullsize, just a bed to throw stuff in everyonce in a while. Depends on your personal needs. I wouldn't put the fullsize to use enough to make it worth it.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Coolrado
I know that a few of the people on the colorado forum I'm on ended up trading up to a silverado. I wanted the colorado because I didn't really need a fullsize, just a bed to throw stuff in everyonce in a while. Depends on your personal needs. I wouldn't put the fullsize to use enough to make it worth it.
I agree wit u there. The 1500 is perfect for me since Im 6'5" 320lbs. The Colorado would be too small. So it does depend on personal needs.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:26 PM

you guys are making a very convincing case for the silverado. i think im gonna go with the silverado 1500 crew cab, with probably the LS trim. it will be worth the extra 3k dollars, in my opinion.

but now im wondering if i should go with the RWD or the 4WD. the 4WD adds another 3k to the price, for around 33,000 dollars. what you guys think? im thinkin the RWD is enough since i just need some good cab space with a short bed for whatever crap i need to put in it.

Quick Reply: Colorado vs. Silverado