Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Common Chevy & GMC Issues

Old 04-11-2016, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by nikl
I just do not like the tiny back door look at all! Liked the old extended cab better.

Old 04-12-2016, 05:33 PM

Does anyone know anything about the plastic Ls intake manifolds become porous, and seeping (not leaking) coolant?

Old 04-20-2016, 11:11 AM
Beginner

Originally Posted by procarry21
2000 chevy silverado- drivers rear caliber freezes (3 diffrent trucks), tow package trucks the rear junction block corrodes, pasenger door lips rust like none other, cab corners are bad too, tail gate cables, drivers side rocker rust out, driving and the lights will suddenly go out and right back on, yolk clunk, gas gauge sending unit is ****

2004 duramax 1 ton single axle heated seats go out, seat motors go out, the grill cover gets brittle and falls apart after a season of snow plowin, filler neck on the tank will crack if your not carefull, two glow plugs

2008 duramax dully, third and fourth door electrical problems, fiberglass hips dont take alot of abuse, two transfer cases, four wheel bearings, one glow plug, front end gets off camber too frequently for me
My 2002 headlights will go out suddenly on high beams . It has a bad dimmer switch that needs changed. Don't know if the aftermarket switches are any good , but the gm switches are more than double the price.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:44 AM
Beginner

1990 K1500 has a short in the headlights on the passenger side and the horn is stuck on. I can’t figure it out

Old 01-29-2018, 02:32 PM

I don't have a repair answer for you, but if the 1990 truck has a horn relay, you could pull it out just to silence the horn long enough for you to work on the truck.

Somehow your post is in the "Common Chevy & GMC Issues" thread.
I think your post will get more views if it was in the main forum section for these trucks & had its own thread. Then the people who know about your truck's problems will be able to see it.
Perhpas you could write a moderator to ask him or her to move your question.
Or-
If you go to this page-
https://www.truckforums.com/forum/ch...erra-forum-11/
and click New Thread, you can post your question where everyone will see it.

Hope This Helps & Good Luck With Your Repair!

Old 01-31-2018, 10:57 PM

2006 Silverados with the 4.3L. RUN, don't walk, away from this piece of trash motor. With regular maintenance and light driving, this truck has had more problems than any vehicle I've ever owned.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:50 PM
Beginner
Angry Trixee is havin issues

Hello,, Bought a 97 GMC Sierra ext cab shortbox stepside last summer, 5.7, auto Recently I had the "cat" code come up, scanned to find out cat bank 2, was told my cat was bad ( plus all the gas I am smelling ) deleted code and has'nt come back. My prob is this, if the cat is bad will it cause the truck to buck and sputter, stall and sometimes not start?

well,, went out truck started.. went to grocery store no probs...comin home, get one block away and she dies on me in the middle of an intersection and refuses to start,, she cranks but seems there's not enough spark

Last edited by ve6bmw; 04-10-2018 at 04:36 PM. Reason: more info added
Old 04-10-2018, 02:52 PM
Beginner
Default ABS, Brake, Service 4wd, no blower 2005 Z71

new guy here....

i'm sure this has been addressed. i'm not too versed at navigating this site yet though.
2005 Z71 250K miles. ABS, Brake and service 4wd lights are on and no blower motor AND no cruise.
I've replaced the ignition switch and both front hubs......

can you guys direct me with where to start trouble shooting.

Thank you in advance

Old 05-30-2018, 08:48 AM
a2t
Beginner

GM Trucks auto parts

Lots of improved replacement parts here that you otherwise would spend a paycheck on to buy entire assemblies from GM. Theres also some helpful DIY's within the product pages incase you want to see how to take apart the mirrors or doors.

Just an FYI to help out the forum members

Old 05-30-2018, 09:17 AM
Beginner

Hello,, Bought a 97 GMC Sierra ext cab shortbox stepside last summer, 5.7, auto Recently I had the "cat" code come up, scanned to find out cat bank 2, was told my cat was bad ( plus all the gas I am smelling ) deleted code and has'nt come back. My prob is this, if the cat is bad will it cause the truck to buck and sputter, stall and sometimes not start?

well,, went out truck started.. went to grocery store no probs...comin home, get one block away and she dies on me in the middle of an intersection and refuses to start,, she cranks but seems there's not enough spark

UPDATE
Patches is back up and running. After numerous so called mechanics in my area kept steering me towards the spiders being the prob only to turn out to be cap and rotor. Thanks for all the advice here. Now just have to finish off the cats

Last edited by ve6bmw; 05-30-2018 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Typo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Common Chevy & GMC Issues