Go Back   Truck Forums > Chevrolet/GMC Truck Forums > Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Electric Ignition Switch - '95 Chevy Silverado

Hello, I own a 1995 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Single cab short bed truck. I love it! I've had it for almost 3 years now, has the 5.7 liter engine, with some off-road packages. I have been experiencing troubles trying to start it lately. And even beyond that, sometimes when I'm driving down the road the truck stalls on me. I have replaced the computer, and I'm still experiencing the same problems. I replaced the computer because that is what the code was reading. We took apart the steering wheel column, and found that the pink 'hot' wire was a bit loose going into the Ignition starter wire harness. I was wondering if the Ignition Switch Starter is what I need, or is there an 'Electrical Ignition Switch' that is different from the Ignition Switch starter. Which 1 do I need, and how hard is it to replace?

Thanks, Jason
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Truckforums!
Old 11-02-2007, 11:47 AM

Default RE: Electric Ignition Switch - '95 Chevy Silverado

J- I don't have an answer to you question ..but you will probably be waiting a while for an answer in this part of the forum ...post this on the silverado forum and you will get an answer fairly quick.

Best of luck.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:11 PM

Default RE: Electric Ignition Switch - '95 Chevy Silverado

Thanks. I will.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:11 PM

Tags
1500, 1995, 95, check, chevrolet, chevy, electronic, harness, ignition, pick, problems, remove, silverado, switch, wiring