Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Exhaust mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 12:02 PM
Beginner
Default Exhaust mod

Hey guys , new to fourm and GM trucks ..... I recently acquired a beautiful 2013 Sierra SLE 5.3..... I wanted to make it sound like a truck not a mini van so I deleted old stock muffler and added a 3inch single in single out magnaflo ..... Nice rumble now .... My question is , I can now notice the AFM alot more and driveability seems different.... I'm going to unhook batt for an hour and see if it makes a bit of difference to relearn my mods ... Is this a waste of time and and revert back to what it was and not notice the exhaust mod ???? It seems a bit sluggish comming out of V4-V8 mode ... Is this real or I'm just hearing it now ??.......... Also ... Any thoughts on. Doing a AFM delete software ??

Old 03-29-2017, 12:09 PM
Administrator

I would imagine you are just hearing it now. The exhaust and entire system was designed so that you would not be able to notice it.

On my 13, if I go to the screen that shows instant fuel economy, that is the only place that will tell me if I'm in v4 or v8. If I watch that screen, suddenly I notice that it feels like a downshift and a bit sluggish going from 4-8. It's all mental because if I drive for awhile and forget about it I don't notice. With your new exhaust, I have a feeling you're more acutely aware of the change, and start to notice it with your foot too.

BTW, unhooking the battery for an hour on newer vehicles will not reset anything