Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Fastest car you've owned.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Default RE: Fastest car you've owned.

Well I dont really have anyhting that runs and is all that fast nor haveI ever. I do own a 69 Vette with a Tri-Power 427, manual, andT-tops (all orignal numbers matching) but that baby hasnt run in decades, litterally. I am more in the get through college as cheap as possible with cars that I know I can keep running mode.

The Vette will be the project as soon as I get out of school and start making the big bucks.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:45 PM
TruckForum Addict

ORIGINAL: popo

too bad i missed this one.

i had a 945.0 stang that was fast as hell
my 06 crown vic is a screamer and legal
I had a 4x4 durango that was surprisingly fast but our new one is a dog

the limo company i drive for just bought a 96 viper and it is sick fast. I short and wide and i don't fit in it either but i make it work just so i can drive it.

http://aplimo.net/zen/index.php?main...products_id=13
You officially suck! I might drive to Gainesville and kill you for rubbing this one in our faces...

Old 06-27-2008, 08:19 AM

What is that thing in the background of that picture??????

2008 Acura TL- TYPE S
THIS THING GETS UP AND MOVVVEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!! When we test drove it it got up to 110, and that was in the city around the dealer. The GPS said the trip to detroit would take 2 hours and 48 minutes. We made it in 1 hour and 40 minutes on MICHIGAN ROADS.

Seriously, go down to the acura dealer and test drive a TL Type S, they are the ones with the black chrome wheels

Old 06-27-2008, 12:01 PM

Truckforums.com = A gathering place for truck enthusiasts.
Trucks = Vehicles worth talking about.
Cars = Not trucks.

Unless there are pictures, (lots of pictures) I don't think anyone cares about this thread anymore.

Visual representation:

Name:  care-o-meter.gif
Views: 41
Size:  31.3 KB

Old 06-29-2008, 08:28 PM

http://aplimo.net/zen/index.php?main...products_id=10

thats the monster truck limo. it is a converted lifted and everything else you can do to make it badass gmc top kick. yes i do drive it and yes..... it does have a hot tub in the back. it's hard work but some one has to do it

Old 07-26-2013, 12:36 AM
Beginner

My fastest was a 90 eclipse gsx would do around 140mph stock

Old 07-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Beginner

I bought a 69 Grand Prix from the original owed who stated he had to replace the engine after a year because his wife damaged the oil pan and drove it until it died. He did not realize they put a GTO Judge Ram Air 3 engine in that car. It was absolutely on fire and nothing could catch up to it, not even my buddies 71 LT1 Corvette. I've had a few performance cars, Dodge Super Bee and a 71 Mustang 429 but nothing I ever had could beat that old Grand Prix. This car was pure stock except for the engine. I'd bet that engine today would be worth a good buck.

Old 04-13-2015, 03:29 PM
Beginner

Hi, new here.
Mine was a '77 Smokey and the Bandit 6.6 TA (yes the beefy engine, automatic, positraction), TransAm. It would run 4 grand, pointed down to the "m" on m.p.h., but it did it often over 150000 miles in 2 1/2 years. Sold it, cops did not like it for some reason. I did many 180's at fifty m.p.h. on two lane roads, ending up in the oncoming lane, just throttle, no brakes, which they did in the movie. I did everything in the movie, using throttle not brakes, except jump a bridge, jump into a ballgame and drive across a prepared river.
Before that was the '66 GTO, four speed, 4:11. It would not do but 115, it just did it in a 1/4 mile.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Geterdun
Hi, new here.
Mine was a '77 Smokey and the Bandit 6.6 TA (yes the beefy engine, automatic, positraction), TransAm. It would run 4 grand, pointed down to the "m" on m.p.h., but it did it often over 150000 miles in 2 1/2 years. Sold it, cops did not like it for some reason. I did many 180's at fifty m.p.h. on two lane roads, ending up in the oncoming lane, just throttle, no brakes, which they did in the movie. I did everything in the movie, using throttle not brakes, except jump a bridge, jump into a ballgame and drive across a prepared river.
Before that was the '66 GTO, four speed, 4:11. It would not do but 115, it just did it in a 1/4 mile.
Wow that sounds like a ton of fun... that was always my dream car growing up. I'm younger and it alwas perturbed me a bit that these cars were so powerful and had massive engines, but never got over 300hp with all of the EPA crap. Good to know you put it to good use!

Old 04-14-2015, 11:13 AM
Beginner

Power is relative, mine chirped the tires (TWO, three foot stripes) shifting into second at any thing over two grand. Do a figure 8 from a stand still, left foot on the floor, not the brake pedal.
It is not too late. YearOne started buying any year with the same body style TA's and producing Bandits. Aluminum frame, too powerful engines and gave the first to Reynolds. He appeared tiffed in the video, maybe because it was not a '77 originally, who knows.
Starting at $31,000.

Burt Reynolds builds a Bandit Trans Am

Quick Reply: Fastest car you've owned.