Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Flat black paint job = Hotness.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Default RE: Flat black paint job = Hotness.

Yeah a 88-98 Chevy/GMC in flat black, with the flat black grill, wheels, trim, and maybe some black powder coated nerf bars, push bar and some huge blackwall tires. Yeah that would be sick. Maybe some big bulky bumpers painted to match too. Boioioioioioing!

Old 02-14-2008, 10:32 PM

ORIGINAL: 72charger

I have a friend with a fully restored 60' Cadillac and he painted it flat black. That thing looks sick, and it's a police deterrant because it keeps your vehicle from sticking out. However I would NEVER paint my 03 Sierra flat black. If anything I want it even glossier.
i don't think any cop would ignore a 1960 caddy! almost all of us are gear heads. plus the flat black would draw my attention even more.

I heard some kid at school describe the look as "murdered out" when you paint it flat black and get black wheels. for that reason i couldn't do it to my truck but the race cars, and old rods, hell yeah!

Old 02-28-2008, 11:34 AM

Do it man, that Tahoe is one of the hottest Trucks I have ever seen. BTW I watch that show all the time, I fell in love with that truck at first sight. I think on your truck it would look good, but you could never beat Rob's Tahoe (sorry man) lol.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:26 AM

I have an 89 toyota van that is flat black with a white roof, looks awesome. Do you have a brand name in mind for this finish? I have used spray cans (all my vehicles are beaters) and am not interested in paying out for a flat paint job on my 83 sierra. A VERY boxy truck. I have also thought about rhino lining the exterior of a truck......

I do stone facades on houses, and have toyed with the idea of gluing stone work to the sides of the truck, just to show off. it would kill my great 15+ MPG

Old 12-04-2008, 01:55 PM

Go for it! It will totally change your truck. What would it cost?

Old 12-04-2008, 05:34 PM

I saw a truck from SEMA that did the rhino liner thing. I am actually going to do that to the bottom six inches of mine if and when I get the body work done and get it repainted. I think the two tone black and white would be pretty cool. They have a lot of other options color wise for the bed liner now too.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:54 PM

It looks good on some cars. I didn't like it on the Benz tho.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:40 PM

Definatly paint your truck flat black.. that would be too cool man.. If I wasn't married, about to make an international move, trying to make a baby, and didn't just buy a 2010 Ford Fusion. I would flat black my truck. Flat black w/ rhino coated weather strips and prerunner bumpers..

Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 AM

Grammar ****, I have a Flat Black Gmc Z71 1998. I was looking for pictures of one to see what another one looked like. So i decided to join this forum to show you guys a picture of mine. I own a Window Tinting company that also specializes in Vinyl Graphics. I have done a few Vinyl Wraps before so I decided to Vinyl Wrap my 98 Gmc in Flat Black Vinyl. after at least 60 hours of labor between me and another guy I now wish i would have just gotten it sprayed. But owning the business made my cost relatively lower than if I would have had it sprayed. And people refering to it as not so flashy and cops won't notice it? Wrong! ha This thing breaks necks! And also refering to the batmobily look? That what it gets called for more reasons than one. I don't know if you can tell from the pic but after getting a ticket for having my tailights completly covered with vinyl I handcut a batman emblem in the vinyl. I will post pictures of it lit up at night later i'm in too much a rush to take more pictures but i will definitly post more pictures later. It says the file is too large so just copy and paste the link below in your browser, I've done more to it since this pic so i'll post new pics soon. http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...5d5928b2f9.jpg

Old 02-02-2009, 03:08 PM
TruckForum Addict

Well I say go for it. After all if you like it then make your self happy. I think it would look pretty dam cool. And if you do not like it ... well then atleast you have a base coat to start with.[&:]
And there you go the vinyl wrapped truck is a picture of what it would look like and an example to goby.

Quick Reply: Flat black paint job = Hotness.