Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Headlights wont turn off

Old 09-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Default Headlights wont turn off

Hi, this is my first post on this forum, I just bought my 04 Silverado and I dont know how to turn the headlights off. The light control center on the dash does not do anything to turn the lights off, even when i turn the **** all the way to the left (the **** does not stay in this position, it will move back to automatic as soon as I release it.. I don't know if this is normal) the lights will stay on. I have also tried pressing the dome light cancel button really fast about 6 times because someone told me that was how they turned their lights off.

The only thing I can think of was that perhaps the truck was reprogrammed to have the lights on at all times because the truck was used for corporate use, and therefore made impossible to have the lights turned off by the driver.

Could someone please offer any suggestions or help?

Thanks,
Dominic

2004 Chevrolet Silverado
4.8L LS with Extended cab

Old 09-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Default RE: Headlights wont turn off

If you have a dome override buttom, press that button in and out 3 times. (6 times total) that should shut them off.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:42 AM

I have tried to press the dome override button, but nothing happens, and the lights remain on. This has not become an issue yet, but if I wanted to go to a drive in or sneak up on some cars i need to turn my headlights off. They wont even shut off when the parking brake is depressed

Old 12-08-2006, 11:36 PM

ORIGINAL: ItalianStallian

Hi, this is my first post on this forum, I just bought my 04 Silverado and I dont know how to turn the headlights off. The light control center on the dash does not do anything to turn the lights off, even when i turn the **** all the way to the left (the **** does not stay in this position, it will move back to automatic as soon as I release it.. I don't know if this is normal) the lights will stay on. I have also tried pressing the dome light cancel button really fast about 6 times because someone told me that was how they turned their lights off.

The only thing I can think of was that perhaps the truck was reprogrammed to have the lights on at all times because the truck was used for corporate use, and therefore made impossible to have the lights turned off by the driver.

Could someone please offer any suggestions or help?

Thanks,
Dominic

2004 Chevrolet Silverado
4.8L LS with Extended cab
check out your owners manual or the dealership if you dont have it. On my denali i had, the dome light thing worked for me.