Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

interior lights/cargo light not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 02:29 AM

I think you are right. It must be an 02 thing. Whatever it is, it is annoying. I thought maybe a loose ground also, so I put a jumper to the relay ground. That is where the power is lost. It didn't do any good. I'm going to pull the fuse panel completely out and check all the terminal connections again.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Unhappy No dash lights no tail lights

Originally Posted by Argon
no dash lights either?...how about tail lights?...
I am having similar issue with my 1997 GMC Sierra C1500 No dash lights no tail lights. I did get into a minor accident the other day and wires were damaged behind the bumber. I repaired all the wires looked for a broken ground but I was unable to locate one. All the lights work when I use the remote starter but as soon as I press the break to put it in gear they all go out like it I had just the daytime lights on no matter what position the switch is in. Anyone have any thoughts?

Old 01-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Beginner
Default same problem on a 2002

this first happened about 5 years ago ... been too lazy to fix it as I don't use my truck often.

the fuse in the fusebox was blown. I replaced it and then shortly after it started happening again. Its probably time to really fix it this time I will try checking the connector someone mentioned.

Old 02-26-2016, 12:21 AM
Beginner
Default Cargo lights

Hey there I have a 2003 Silverado that cargo lights won't come on when I try to turn them on. Is there a fuse that I can see if it's blown ? I already checked the chmsl and was good. The brake light on the third brake light work but just not the cargo lights. Also my glove box light doesn't work either I'm not sure if it's caused by the same thing. Or does the glove box has its own fuse

Old 04-15-2020, 05:46 PM
Beginner

Originally Posted by chevy112488
i was driving yesterday and i (tried to) turned my dome light on, and my cargo light on message came up. the dome light didn't come one, and the cargo light wasn't on. after some messing around, this is what's happening:

when i turn on the dome light, overhead map lights, or cargo light, the cargo light message appears, but no lights come on. none of my lights inside work except the gauges.

both interior light fuses are good.

any ideas what the problem might be?

there is a relay called the inadvertent power relay. Sometimes it can fail and actually have a constant ground. If it grounds too soon it can cause a short and come loose after hitting a bump