Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Keyless entry problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Default Keyless entry problem

Have a silverado 2007 LMM LTZ with a righrt hand drive conversion in Australia. Having issues with the keyless entry (KE). this seemed to coincide with heavy rains over a few weeks period, (this may or may not be relivant). The truck is two years and 4 months old since registration and no issues up to now.
When the first problem ocured the electric windows did not work and the information centre had warning lights flashing for the tyre pressure, ABS, air bags, etc and the gauges in the dash staring to go of with the engine running (on and of), this has since cleared up and the only issue is with the KE

Keyless entry will not open vehicle under the following conditions.
Once the vehicle is locked with the keyless entry after 5 mins the KE will not reopen the doors, the only way to gain access is to open door with the key, when this is done the KE springs to life and when locked again works for just under 5 mins, then it stops. I have checked the KE receiver in the back pillar with a voltage meter and power continues to go to the receiver after the KE stops (5 mins).
the odd part is if I do not lock the car the KE does not work, but if I open the door the KE works. I expect that I will have to take the truck to a electrical specalist but would like to have sorted out the issue myself so I understand why the failure.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

regards Wombat

Old 03-11-2010, 08:03 AM
General Truck/Classifieds Forum Moderator

Im not sure of the procedure but it sounds like the KE needs a reset and relearn. Something somewhere is telling it that it needs to "not work" after 5 min. here is an Idea..........check the "signal out" after 5 min and see if it is sending the "message" out. If it is then you know the problem is somewhere other than the KE module.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:42 PM

Hi Chris
Any idea how I check if the signal out is sending a message??.

thanks Wombat

Old 03-12-2010, 03:29 PM
General Truck/Classifieds Forum Moderator

yep...you need a wiring diagram and a test light....find the "signal" wire and stick the test light in it and hit the button and see what happens........or you can use a DVOM meter also.

Old 10-26-2021, 06:06 AM
Beginner

Most of the time remote is not working. So Key is the best option to open the door.