Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Keyless entry problem update

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Default Keyless entry problem update

I have a Silverado crew cab 2007 LMM LTZ model with remote starting and electric seats.
Due to keyless entry issues I have purchased a new receiver for the keyless entry, It is housed in the rear pillar behind the drivers seat.
I changed over the receiver and the car starts no issue there. But the remotes do not work I have tried to retrain the remotes as stated in the manual but this did not work. Anyone aware if I have to do anything else to the computer to get the remotes to talk to the receiver??. All I did was change over the receiver and reconnect. Any help would be appreciated. I purchased the receiver from Gm Parts and gave the vin number. Any help or lead would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance Wombat

Old 03-26-2010, 01:13 AM
General Truck/Classifieds Forum Moderator

Yep...throw the instructions in the trash..............look it up on the net..they are ALOT easier to follow....also double check any "dip" switches that had to be set. or try this:

1Close all the vehicle doors.

2Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder - do not turn ignition switch.

3Press and hold the DOOR unlock switch (This is the switch on the door, NOT the remote).

4While holding the DOOR lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON, OFF.

5Release the DOOR unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock one time to confirm the program mode is activates.

6Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button on one keyless remote for approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.

7Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.

8Turn the ignition switch to the ON (one more click forward) position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.

9Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:32 PM

Dealer needs to program the module. If your vehicle has tire pressure monitor this also needs to be set up by the dealer with the Tech2 (scan tool). Then the transmitters need to be programed to the module.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:48 PM

Thanks for the replies.