Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

My ABS & Park Brake Light Stay On

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Default My ABS & Park Brake Light Stay On

Yesterday afternoon I was messing with my tuner like always and noticed I didnt change the rim size. Well thats all I did and when I took of this morning my truck had the ABS light on and the Park Brake light on with it not engaged. Also when I take off it goes and then slows downs at a low idle. Oh yea. It says Service Brake system on the dash. I know my park brake doesnt really work. Is that whats causing this? I have the predator programmer. I need help!

Old 01-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Default RE: My ABS & Park Brake Light Stay On

1. Check the brake fluid
2. Clear the DTCs with the Predator
3. If the lights come back on again try setting the tire size to stock. If it goes away go to Diablosport.com, go to the forum under "GM Gas" and tell them what is going on with your truck. "Mikel" is really good with troubleshooting issues like this.
If the lights do not go away, remove the tune. If they go off reinstall the tune and try again.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:59 AM

When you were messing around withy your programmer you must have triped something. The best thing for you to do it to go to your local auto part store and have them pull the codes for you, and have them rest the lights for you. If they come back on then you might want to start messin with your programmer again and change some stuff around to see if that fixes the problem.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:19 AM

It was dark this mornin when I had to leaveto work so I didnt get to mess with it. I just hitched a ride with my dad. The service brake system has come on before but only rite before i turned the truck off. I just think today the computer just took over cuz of the programmer. I know its not my actual brakes cuz i replaced them a year ago with slotted rotors.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:48 PM

after i got my 4.10's installed, my abs and park brake lights stay on too! i took my truck to the dealer, and they told me, they messed up my abs sensors, and they need to change the whole piece (500 bucks)... i dont think so.. so i better get used to those lights on.. are your 4.11's aftermarket or factory option?