Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

My daughter says it sounds like a cricket

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Default My daughter says it sounds like a cricket

While driving when I give it gas at cruising speed, you can hear a "cricket" sound under the hood. I thought it was the intake or the filter guage. I have since replace the factory intake with a cold air intake but I still get the same noise. Everything on the intake is tight. Any suggestions...theories?

Old 05-18-2022, 08:29 AM
Beginner
Default Same thing here

Originally Posted by Jamci
While driving when I give it gas at cruising speed, you can hear a "cricket" sound under the hood. I thought it was the intake or the filter guage. I have since replace the factory intake with a cold air intake but I still get the same noise. Everything on the intake is tight. Any suggestions...theories?
I have the same symptom on my '14. It sounds like alternator bushings failing or intermittant belt squeeling. Mine has 3 belts all are in good shape, tight, and appear to be in alignment. I took a shot in the dark and repla ed the water pump. While doing so I found the tensioner pulley bearings were sketchy. Thought I found it but...nope still sounds the same. It has been suggested to me by someone who's qualifications I can not confirm that it is the DOD system. (Disables 4 cylinders when not under load) Can anyone shed light on how that system which seems to be operating correctly could be mimicking crickets?