Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

O2 Sensor Woes. HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 03:48 PM
TMW

On a single wire sytem the output from the sensor will be the signal. The ground is from the case or metal side of the sensor and not to a wire.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:58 PM

the sensor generates its own voltage...this is the signal so it has to connect to the signal pin back to the ecm.

I would disconnect the ecm connector and ohm check the pin in question so you can be sure its the correct wire at the other end.

Last edited by primem; 12-19-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:49 AM
Beginner

Yeah, I'm actually leery of all manuals after the experiences that I've had. But, Haynes says that the Purple wire is direct to one wire O2 sensor. I think it is A-10.
What I would really like is to get a good used Harness, COMPLETE from head to tail and plug it all in.

I just paid a man (shop) $520.00 to get the wiring straightened out and all he did was tape up everything and hide it. I got under there and found a Pink wire that I have no clue about just hanging there going to nothing.
This wiring is specific to this year, makes it hell on me. Salvage yards don't help because all the idiots just cut everything to get what they want and to hell with the rest of us.
I have tried for days to get the Wiring schematic for mine (Transmission), but have had no luck a all. Never seen anything like it. And, just like everything else- it has to be specific to 94 K2500 4L80E, Manual 4x4 (Not Manual Trans.).

Thanks for the info.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:00 AM
Beginner

By the way- Chiltons also states that the only engine with the O2 Sensor in the Y-Pipe is the 4.3. Yet, here I am with the O2 in the passenger side Y-Pipe, OEM. So- manufacturer must have really slipped on this one.
I did see this O2 Sensor from Summit that has a Sensor set up to convert the single wire set up to two wire, and sensor is preheated. All plug and play! Thinking seriously about this, but have to wait for the $ to buy it.
Thought about changing it over to headers too, and just putting O2 Sensors in both collectors, but I know the headers would just be another cost for nothing because they wouldn't give me any better performance than what I have now. (All Stock).
Swear, I would just shove a bolt in the bung and plug it- but I believe that this sensor not being hooked up is what's causing my truck to run lean when cold.