Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Abs...?

Old 05-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Administrator
Default Abs...?

So a few weeks ago my ABS light came on and it started just randomly engaging while stopping and then the light would go off when I went in reverse. Anyways, I decided to replace the front left hub assembly/abs assembly because it was vibrating a bit.

Well it fixed half of my problem. Now the ABS light is off, but if I apply the brakes while turning the wheel to the right, it feels like the abs is kicking on and the pedal kicks back to me like the ABS is on, but not quite. The light comes on ONLY while this phenomena is occurring.

I got under there today and realized that when I replaced the caliper it seems that I ran the brake line outside of the ABS line, causing it to stretch a bit when the wheel is completely turned. Would this cause my problem? Also, the clip that holds the brake line in place is severely corroded and melted to the brake line, could this possibly be crimping my line as well?

I've got it all set up with a bunch more slack, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't replace that brake line segment anyways because of the corroded clip. Or if anyone else has had similar issues

Old 05-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

I think the routing has more to do with it than the clip. I don't think a rusty clip would crimp the line, if anything it would get less tight with corrosion. Replacing the brake line isn't a bad idea, but I would replace both sides or you would probably get a pull to the replaced side.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Well I drove it this morning and there was no problem at all. Actually, since I replaced the caliper on the passenger side it has been pulling to the right while braking, and now it goes straight while braking... I hope this solves it!