Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Eaton M90 to 4.8L

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Default Eaton M90 to 4.8L

I have a 2004 Chevrolet 1500 4.8L V8 auto, the only mod is headers. the question is I would like to ad a Eaton m90 supercharger to the truck to make more power, but only if I don't have to pay the expence of a charger kit 3K or better. I can fab my own mounts and intake ducting and most other parts.

Will I have to change injectors, intake manifold, computer program perameters or anything else that I may not be thinking about. What is the most boost I can push to the motor before I sufer the effect of a blown head gaskets or anything else?

My goal is, I could push 6-7Lbs and have enough buffer that it will be safe and very streetable (READ: Daily Driver) with somewhere around 80+ Horses added at the rear wheels on demand just by pressing the go pedal, and I shouldn't loose much fuel economy under normal driving conditions.

The first thing I would do before the addition to the motor would be eliminate the mechanical cooling fan and go with a set of electric fans, this should ad room to my engine bay to allow for ducting work and the extra pulley, plus allow for the motor to build RPM's quicker.

Does the 80+ HP addition sound realistic, am I missing anything on the set-up? Any knowledge that I might gain would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance.