Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Rust on 2010 GMC Sierra Chrome Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Default Rust on 2010 GMC Sierra Chrome Bumper

Purchased my truck brand new and with less than 30,000km on it there is rust beginning on the front of the chrome bumper. Dealership is saying possibly caused by brackets under the headlights are rusting then dripping down onto the bumper.

Anyone else have this issue? The dealership is saying it is simply a maintenance issue (ie. not washed enough) but in my opinion that is BS!!!!!

Old 01-19-2011, 04:02 PM

One of my Canadian members just had his replaced by the dealership. Same issue as yours, dealer initially told him tough luck. But eventually ended up replacing both bumpers under warranty. Push them hard and they should replace them. Good luck.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:10 PM

Thanks and believe me this is one issue I will be pushing. For the price I paid should not be dealing with this. Have even been in contact with GM Head office but it is not looking very good as they "have not heard of this problem with any other of their vehicles".

Thanks in advance for any other feedback! Maybe I should start a petition... similar to the Ford one years ago???

Old 01-19-2011, 08:46 PM

I also have a 2010 Sierra with the same problem. Just noticticed today when I was washing it.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:06 PM

To Ontario34:
Please let me know if you are able to resolve this issue as we are not having much luck at all. I am thinking of starting a petition... as for a new vehicle this is RIDICULOUS. Would you be interested in signing it and having GM find a solution to this problem rather than providing another PROBLEM!!!

Old 01-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Administrator

I've heard this story 50 times in the last week. You shouldn't have any problem getting a petition signed. I'm sick of cheap bankrupt bastards playing coy. THey know what's up. Fix it. Or better yet, prevent it!

Old 01-24-2011, 01:18 PM

Ontario34,
Have you attempted to take your vehicle to the dealer to see what they could do for you? If not I would recommend this being your first step.
Christina
GM Customer Service

Old 01-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Angry

I have taken it to the dealership in which I bought it - there solution was an SOS pad! I have since taken it to another dealership in a different city and they are replacing the bumper with no questions asked. I am happy this is being resolved - however I am NOT happy with how we had to go about this - almost a month to get somewhere with this issue!

I am wondering how the first dealership is able to provide such a poor solution to resolve this problem. I DEFINITELY will NOT be going back to that one - in fact will be writing a letter to GM directly and the dealership as the treatment there was uncalled for!

Old 01-25-2011, 05:21 PM

GM took a chance bought a bunch of junk from China .
Oh well they just about own us anyway. I have seen 08,s with rust all over.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Default Rust on 2010 Sierra bumperrs

I just took my truck to dealership today. Rust on front bumper and tiny rust spots all over the back bumper. Only 12000 kms on this truck! Dealership is ordering me new bumpers front and back. They did not even look at the truck.
They told me that they have replaced the bumpers on half of the other trucks they have sold! Why would they not have told me about this problem when they knew about it? Apparently they had a bad supplier but have since changed to a new one. If anyone else has this problem that the dealership will not fix, let me know and I will send you a copy of my repair when I get it.

Quick Reply: Rust on 2010 GMC Sierra Chrome Bumper