Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Crazy Weekend! Very Lucky!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Default Crazy Weekend! Very Lucky!

So this weekend I went to The Mounds Off Road Park here in MIwith a bunch of my buddies (7 rigs).I by far have the least capable vehicle, since most of the guys have completly custom rigs.But anyway I tried to follow along for a while before parking the truck and jumping in with someone else.

Lets just say I should have parked it sooner, we found a huge field that is just full of mud pits and puddles that will swallow your truck whole. Long story kinda short I slid into a bighole sideways and was extemely lucky to getout without rolling her over and/or filling my inerior with water. I got stuck a couple times but thats the case with everyone, at one point a had about a 20ft fountian of water shooting off my rear wheel striaght into the air. But overall awesome day wheeling and not an exteme amount of damage done to our group.

Total damage:
1 broken drive shaft
1 broken leg
1 rolled/hyrdo-locked cherokee (kid was a dumba$$ and didnt know how to drive)

As for me, I was lucky and left only missing my rear breaks. At least thats what I know of. Which is good because I was the only one that did notrid up on a trailer. I am going to clean it up and give it a good solid once over tomorrow becasue when we were leaving last night it was getting dark and snowing. She should be good though, drove fineall the way home.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Default RE: Crazy Weekend! Very Lucky!

Here are some pictures. I dont have any real good ones of real wheeling because I put it away for fear of ruining it. Sorry guys.

Here is the crew

Name:  IMG_3334.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  169.5 KB

Name:  IMG_3338.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  120.1 KB

Name:  IMG_3342.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  130.4 KB

Old 11-10-2008, 10:41 PM

Some big mud holes

Name:  IMG_3344.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  151.4 KB

One of the guys I live with Jeep
Name:  IMG_3339.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  170.4 KB

Name:  IMG_3335.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  221.4 KB

This is wereI about rolled my truck, thenI parked it. Those ruts get pretty freakin deep!!!
Name:  IMG_3343.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  181.0 KB

Old 11-10-2008, 10:52 PM

Here is mine before it got too dirty...

Name:  IMG_3340.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  206.7 KB

Name:  IMG_3345.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  184.4 KB

Old 11-11-2008, 12:23 AM

cool man, thanks for the pics....looks like alot of fun!

Old 11-11-2008, 09:31 PM

Wow that looks awesome!! Were you at in MI? Im like 20 min's from MI's Indiana border. Im going back south in about a month or so. Id love to go up there to beat the **** out of my truck before I head home. I havent fond much aroud here. But there is some good roads were im working but I cant get caught getting to crazy.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:50 PM

Awesome off-road adventure!

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:01 PM

Yeah, thanks guys. This is actually a state park in Mount Morris, MI and its called "The Mounds" it is just about 15 minutes north of Flint, MI if you have any idea where that is. I would definately recomend it! The pictures dont really show it but the place it huge. Then there are places that you and I can not go strictly because of our size and length but its still really good. Where in Indiana are you?

If your looking for something more local check outgreatlakes4x4.com, its mostly MI guysbut you should be able to find something closer to you. But if you dont mind the drive the mounds are great. You just need$10 and an ORV sticker.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:45 PM

How would I get a ORV sticker?

I'm in Hobart IN its pretty close to Gary. It only takes me about 15-20 minutes to get to the border. I go allot on Sundays because they don't sell beer in Indiana on Sundays. Ill check out that site for sure. I have to hit some trails up here soon. I just fond out I ill finally be completely done here in three weeks. Then its back to Alabama. I cant wait to get back home. Its beautiful up here but I'm not a fan of the cold. That and I've only been home for a week since last Sept.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:20 AM

Great pics looks like a blast [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Quick Reply: Crazy Weekend! Very Lucky!