Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

squeaking in left front suspension

Old 06-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Beginner
Default squeaking in left front suspension

i got a 94 GMC sierra 4x4 and lately shes been making a squeaking noise in the driver side suspension area when im at low speeds, ball joints are good and the wheel bearing is brand new, anyone got any ideas?

Old 06-05-2011, 02:29 PM
TruckForum Addict

heres an idea check your bushings in your a arms and and shock mounts check all bushings if they are bad they can sqeauk also your shocks can cause that same thing as my 94 squeaks bad but it only needs shocks replaced
and if any moisture is getting in to the bearings and what not it will do the same
also check to see if there is dirt and random debris from the road in there as well just because there brand new dont mean that there aint debris in there as i have replaced alot of hubs and bearings on military vehicals and that was the number one cause fro the squeaking
keep us posted
also check to see if the bearings free spin when they are out of the hub if the bearings free spin then there good
also if they dont free spin there bad that will casue the squeaking too

Old 06-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Beginner

Hey how many miles are on your 94 chevy, i got 152k, just wanted to know if you have more so i can get an idea of whats to come as far as repairs

Old 06-05-2011, 04:35 PM
TruckForum Addict

lol theres alot more to come man
im gonna list my problems then my brothers trucks problem he has the same year only a gmc
my problems i have encounter since baught 4 weeks ago
mileage is around 215,000 plus
tbi gasket leaks
vaccum lines leak
idle air control valve i had to replace
temp sensor on the top of engine by the inlet of radiator hose
im also planing to replace the thermastate and the temp sensor by the driverside exsaust manifold
exsaust manifold gasket leaks
radiator is pretty much shot but still drivable not long distances thow
thermastate sticks open
trans overdrive is going out
drive will shortly follow then reverse
power steering hoses leak all of them
brakes need replaced in a month or 2
parking brake cable is stretched the length of the truck
parking break lever is in operable as it free falls to the floor

ok heres what my brothers 94 gmc 4x4 ext cab with around 260,000 miles has wrong with it
burns oil on the number 1 and and cylinder as the oil compression rings are bad
fouls out the plugs that is his own fault as he never gaps them to the corrct gap which is .035
hes had to replace his driver side hub bearings both half shafts
and his 4wd acuator
mine works but not sure how much longer as that is very common to go out
parking brake cable was replaced
rear brake lines were replaced
he also replaced his power steering pump and hoses
radiator hoses
his ac dont work
heat works but no ac
also the driver side door panel is broke as the material is cheap and rips off after a couple of time shuting the door lol
mine has the same problem
altenator was replaced
cap rotor wires and distributer
also brakes were all replaced
he has the z71 offroad w/ tow package my truck is the 4x5 package only

also on mine i will be replaceing the altanator soon to a higher amp like 200
also rust is very common on our trucksas the cab corners and rockers need replaced on both of our trucks
my ac needs recharged
on of my reverse lights are out not sure which as i havent looked
also another common thing that goes otu easy and with no warning is the third brake light on the cab
half shafts break easy

i hope that helps alot with your truck so in the future you can be prepared lol
also i have no o2 sensors
and i have no cats or mufflers just two cherry bombs as i have true dual but i will be fixing the esausht the right way cause it wasnt done right the first time
as the exsaust dumps out right after the cab which still can cause fumes to enter the cab also on both of our trucks
the driverside ext cab window is broke so it flaps in the wind
i will be posting alot more pictures on my profile pictures with the work im gonna be doing im gonna be posting step by step on how to replace some things
also if you want more about what goes wrong with our trucks there is a tread called common problems with chevys it is helpfull too
if i encounter any more ill keep you posted

Old 06-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Beginner

yea thats a lot, but all depends on how theyre maintained, this my list of repairs in chronological order and the miles they happened at...
142000 Oil sending unit
144000 rear pinion seal on rear diff
145000 alternator
148000 belt, tensioner, ac condensor, water pump all at one time pretty much lol
149000 rear brake lines
150000 passenger side wheel bearing
over all not bad, i couldnt ask more for a truck with this age, Chevy/GM is my gas engine brand and always will be

Old 06-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Beginner

oh and also a 4wd actuator at around 146, easiest thing ive ever repaired on my truck

Old 06-05-2011, 05:16 PM
TruckForum Addict

nice thats not bad for that year of truck mine was said to have been serviced every 3,000 miles by the previous owner before i baught it adn some stuff has been done by him as there is a sticker on the window from napa service station saying that its next check up is at 216xxx
but what i have found that was done by him was the water pump and gasket belt and tensioner also the clutch fan
the whole entire front end was regreased also it looks like new half shafts as they are still silver grey in color w no rust also the 100,000 mile service was done
also the cap rotor have been replaced
i replaced teh wires and plugs as i do with every vehical i have ever baught cant trust people on when the last time it was done as i found out mine were orange in color and burnt up
well keep us posted on stuff and hope to see some pictures soon lol
anyway i have 31x10x15 hankook dynamic m/ts on mine i really wanna go and put 16s back on but tires in that size are easyier and cheaper
ill be posting numerous pictures of before and after on this truck as it will not be sold anytime soon