Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Tell us what you did to your truck today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 09:53 AM
TruckForum Addict

Put front pads and calipers on, turned the rotors, and flushed all the old brake fluid out with a pressure brake bleeder. Used good synthetic DOT4 fluid, too

Old 08-14-2014, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by NullHead
Also put a new fuel pressure regulator on, in hopes to bring my 10-12MPG up. I'm hoping for 15-16 MPG, but I have a feeling I'm rather delusional. Overall, it's not too bad of a job pulling the upper plenum off the ol' vortec and putting the new part on the side of the spider. Took me about an hour total.
About a year ago, with a bank-2 rich code on a 6 cyc, took me 3 times longer, lol. and the codes immediately when to bank1 and bank-2 too lean. haven't fixed that yet. still get the same highway mpg more or less.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:31 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by mic_in_chevy
About a year ago, with a bank-2 rich code on a 6 cyc, took me 3 times longer, lol. and the codes immediately when to bank1 and bank-2 too lean. haven't fixed that yet. still get the same highway mpg more or less.
Hilariously enough, after having driven the truck for quite some time with the new regulator, I have noticed absolutely no change. The hilarious part though, is that when towing my camper, roughly a 3500lb camper with a fully loaded truck bed, I averaged 14.7mpg on the freeway there ... My gas mileage went up when towing the camper!

You know what that means? I just need to tow something all the time

Old 01-13-2015, 03:17 AM
Beginner

Done installing the Undercover Flex cover. I like the look of the Bak tonneau but it's expensive so I chose the Undercover and luckily I got a nice deal from 4WO truck and SUV accessories. It looks similar to Bak and installation was a bit easy. Sorry I forgot to take some pics but will do next time.

Last edited by karlo22; 01-13-2015 at 03:20 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:02 PM
TruckForum Addict

Had the outer joint on the passenger CV axle seize up on my last night as I was pulling into the driveway. Put out a REALLY loud pop/snap/crunch noise ... so today I put on a new CV axle. Boy that wasn't fun getting a seized axle out of there. Had to remove the knuckle and shock to get the darn thing out. Can't you usually get those to slide right out after unbolting them from the front axle?

Either way, it's done. Wasn't fun, but it's done.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:25 PM
Administrator

I'm gonna have to do that to my 2001 Sierra soon. Thanks for the heads up. I'll tackle it on a nice warm Saturday.

A couple of days ago we had a -41C morning. My 07 Silverado DMax was plugged in for the night. I went to leave for work and got a Check engine light and didn't have reverse in my Allison transmission. Barely had any forward gears.

Finally got out of the driveway my rolling backwards and headed off to work hoping the trans would eventually warm up.

Finally got to work and all I had all the way to work was 4th gear.
After my 4 hr shift I was planning and sceaming on what to do and were I was gonna get the money to fix it.
As I was leaving work, everything was back to normal, except for the check engine light.
Next morning, no check engine light and the tranni was totally back to normal.
NOTE TO SELF: Spring time tranni filter and fluid flush

Old 03-10-2015, 12:36 AM
Beginner

Went to a car wash to have my truck cleaned before leaving for work.

Old 05-10-2015, 12:34 AM
Beginner

Washed my truck 2 times, once before the tint went on, the second time to clean off all the spray post tint. Looks great. Letting it set in, then onto Linex for the next round of upgrades.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by MenaceRx
Washed my truck 2 times, once before the tint went on, the second time to clean off all the spray post tint. Looks great. Letting it set in, then onto Linex for the next round of upgrades.
I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures

Old 07-17-2015, 09:34 PM

I looked at it... thought, boy it's hot out... Then crawled under it and hooked up my new red rubber boots on my shocks. Then made plans for tomorrow to finish my rear end tune up.

Quick Reply: Tell us what you did to your truck today...