Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Temperature Actuator won't reset

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 07:33 PM
Beginner
Smile Temperature Actuator won't reset

Hi: I own a 1999 chevy silverado ext cad 3 door, I have replaced the entire A/C system inside and outside my truck, the only problem I m having now is the Temperature Actuator will not reset no matter what I try, it has 3 Actuators, one just above the glove box on the passenger side it works just fine, then there is one on the driver side just to the right of the drivers right leg, of course there is the trouble Actuator center of the console just above the carper on the center hump of the vehicle floor board, I replaced and reprogrammed the BCM, I replaced and reprogrammed the ECU, we have a new dash control switch, we have a new blower motor, we have a new blower relay, everything is new, I m just not getting a signal from the BCM to the Temperature control Actuator, anyone ever run into this problem before, or do anyone know how to trouble shoot the BCM to the Actuators? I m very limited in electrical troubleshooting. any help will be appreciated. Oh yes I checked the fuse and I made sure they all were tight in there socket and none were blown. not much more I can add, waiting for all those good answers so I can get this A/C up and blowing cool the misses hates this heat in Texas.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:53 AM
Beginner
Question No A/C

Hi: Guys I posted on an issue with my temperature actuator and I can't believe no one else has this issue besides me, I m positive it's someone out there that has the knowledge to solve my A/C issue, as I stated we are not getting a signal from the body control module to the temperature actuator, the BCM is new and reprogrammed correctly, the EMC is new and reprogrammed, so why does the other two actuators work fine and the temperature actuator just sits there? I tried to attach a picture of my trucks A/C box with all the parts related to the inside of the truck but I m new here and so far I can't figure out how to add attachments. I need this issue resolved so I can move forward with my renovation of my truck? I think I managed to attach my picture but don't count on it, looking forward to hear from someone who can provide step by step instruction how to trouble shoot the body control module wiring to the temperature actuator wiring, we know the actuator is good, we know the BCM is good so nothing is left except trouble shooting the wiring, one last thing a friend of mine suggested is to check the fuse holders to make sure they are not so loose until the fuse is not making full contact, however he came up with this suggestion but he has no idea how to trouble shoot the fuse box and neither do I. yes I have had the truck in several shop that specialize in vehicle electrical systems but none can fine the problem thank God not one charged me for the service. I need help people?

Attached Thumbnails Temperature Actuator won't reset-img009.jpg