Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

I need an advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Default I need an advice

Hello!I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago. I've been looking for a job since then, but did not even get a single interview. I worked as a web designer for a publishing company for the last 5 years. Looks like www.truckforums.com is an active forum with active members and may be someone has some experience working as a freelance web designer. May be "GMC Sierra Forum" category is not the most appropriate for this question, but I want to try anyways to get some opinions before I go ahead with my life. I'm wondering if it is possible in the current economy to find work for a freelance web designer and make enough to pay for rent and groceries. I was able to find a small project on craigslist and I developed a website for a company. It was a small project and took me only a week to complete. I got paid $800 for 1 week of work which is not bad. Please people give me some ideas. I have 2 kids and my wife is out of work as well. Thank you in advance.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:23 PM

At least you didn't go to work expecting to get paid then realize your company you work has no money. Yea...that's what's happening to me right now. I'm still waiting on a check from two weeks ago. I'm not going to work tomorrow or anymore till I get my check. I'm sick of this. No one can find a job. I got a job but have to hunt for my check every week. Something's gotta give.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:34 PM

if you are looking for a job get a plug in that will go from your computer to the car computer and start wiping out some of the BS that they put in there. if you could do that i think you would make a fortune from people with newer trucks. ya its not really in your field but since you seem to have experience with computers it should be no problem.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Administrator

I'm smelling spam but im not sure, help anyone?