Go Back   Truck Forums > Chevrolet/GMC Truck Forums > Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2011, 09:49 AM

Default Third door window replacement.

Good day all!

I'm going to try and replace my third door window later today. I bought the entire assembly (frame, glass, hinges, latch...).

However the old one is quite attached. I can see clips on the new one, and it appears to be glued in as well.

Does anyone know of a DIY video, or instructions?? I just searched this site and did Google searches for two hours. ALL I could find were page after page after page of DIY window motors!!

How many times do we need to learn that?? I'd figure the first video of doing regulator/motors would be enough. However it seams 10 pages in still not enough, as their are a few very new posts on THAT subject.

On the third door glass however there seams to be VERY little. I found ONE post saying some vague thing like it has three clips. That's it!

I have the inside panel off, I can see WHERE the clips are roughly. I figure there must be a DIY for this somewhere!

If not, please give me some link to instructions or a guide. Then I'LL make a video of it!!

Thanks all!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Truckforums!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:09 PM

Well I need to cut the sealant between the metal of the door and the frame of the window.

Unfortunately the glue seal is wider then a box knife is long. I attempted to use a cheap steak knife, but the handle came off.

Going to keep on working it.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:09 PM

Tags
2000, 3rd, chevrolet, door, ford, gmc, manual, pickup, repair, replace, replacement, sierra, silverado, truck, window