Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Default Transmission

I have a 2000 chevy 1500 that I just swapped out the tranny with a rebuilt one and now I have no power to the tranny. Can't find any broken or loose wires and all the fuses seem to be fine. Everything worked fine before thetranny swap

Old 08-26-2010, 12:19 AM

You sure you checked all the fuses? There's a 10 amp transmission fuse in the instrument panel fuse box on the driver's side. This fuse supplies all the power to the solenoids in the tranny.

Attached Thumbnails Transmission-4l60-e-transmission-solenoid-circuit.jpg  
Old 08-26-2010, 12:43 PM

Ya I pulled every fuse in the whole truck and under the hood and checked them. What is the fuse labeled? I'll try replacing it but they all looked good and even checked them with a volt meter to make sure there was power on both sides

Old 08-26-2010, 02:34 PM

It's the fuse labeled "IGN 0" in the fuse block on the driver's side of the dash. See the diagram in my previous post.

If that's not it, then you may have a connector disconnected or you're just aren't getting power to the fuse. I replaced the harness inside the tranny but forgot to reconnect the outside harness to the tranny. When I went to start the truck for the first after putting back together, I got 6 or 7 tranny electrical codes immediately. Connected the harness, cleared the codes, and no problem since.

Good luck and post what you find out.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

Yes he's right. Tranny is pwered from the ignition switch in the column.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:34 PM

I checked the fuse and I got full 12 volts at it. What else could it be? Checked all connectors again and again. Cleaned them all really good and still nothing

Old 08-28-2010, 08:37 PM

If all your connections are good and you have 12 volt power to the IGN 0 fuse, you should have power to the tranny.

So back to your original question:

How do you know you don't have power to the tranny?

You tested for power at the tranny connector and you don't get 12 volts on pin E?

Are you getting any transmission codes?

If you aren't getting power at the tranny, you should be getting all kinds of codes in the P07xx series.

What's happening that makes you believe you don't have power to the tranny?

The tranny won't shift?

I guess a few more details are needed to help you out a little better.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:57 PM
General Truck/Classifieds Forum Moderator

I agree...more info is needed....heres a question...did you put a used tranny in it? if so are you sure it worked when you got it? I think it has 2 connectors on it.....pull the connector again and check for power....then start tracing the harness backwards testing for power along the way.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:26 PM

Thanks for the help but I figured it out finally. There was a little rock jammed in the pins of the plug on the passenger side of the tranny and it wasn't connecting all the way. Three hours later with alot of swearing finally got the rock out and everything works great now.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by skjersven25
Thanks for the help but I figured it out finally. There was a little rock jammed in the pins of the plug on the passenger side of the tranny and it wasn't connecting all the way. Three hours later with alot of swearing finally got the rock out and everything works great now.
Whew, glad you found the problem.