Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

explain yourself as you were a vehicle

Old 04-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Default explain yourself as you were a vehicle

2005 CHEVY SILVERADO...GOOD CONDITION..LOTSA MILES...BUT SHOWING SIGNS FROM BEING A WORK TRUCK...

MILEAGE NOT GOOD..TOO MUCH CONSUMPTION

COULD USE A NEW DRIVESHAFT,BUT OLD ONE WORKS GOOD ENOUGH

HEADLITES FOGGY[/align][/align]DOES NOT SMOKE

PAINT OXIDIZING UP TOP

SAGS IN REAR[/align]
BUT STILL OUTPERFORMS OTHER MODELS IN SHOP! [/align]

Old 04-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Default RE: explain yourself as you were a vehicle

Well, I'm a relatively new vehicle, but I've had a pretty rough life so far.

The ol' headlights don't work too well and only illuminate what's pretty close up.

Smoke a bit too much, and don't run too well when it's cold. Seem to run fine on low grade fuel, but wish I could afford the good stuff.

Able to carry a tremendous load without complaint. Reliable as the day is long.

Not to mention I'm easy on the eyes. Good lines, strong frame, and plenty of HP on tap. Who couldn't appreciate that?

Old 04-08-2008, 03:48 PM

Well I am an older model (1999 Old body style), Rough aroung the edges.

Back firing from time to time, smoking like a diesel.

Needs to get the 15,000 mile tune up, 90,000 miles ago.

Also looks older than really is, due to being a work truck and used and abused as such.

Doesn't like the cold so much, makes the u-joints a little stiff and creak a bit.

Back sags a bit from too many heavy loads, possibly a broken leaf spring.

Seem to run fine on low grade fuel,doesn't need but wantsthe high grade stuff.

Once warmed up, I can rock your world for about 8 Seconds until the fuel is gone and gasping for air.

May not be fast, but very tough. Can (and has)push and pull things twice its size and weight.

Other than all of the minor TLC that I need and the tune ups, I can still shine up well and go to the show.

Well that is about that, oh yeh, Very reliable. Turn the key and I come to life EVERY TIME!!

Old 04-08-2008, 03:57 PM

03' Sierra 5.3 4x4. LTZ Blue without the z71 package (Do more with less). Extended Cab regular bed. 65,000 miles. Scatches and dents that goes along with normal wear and tear. Back seat slightly stained from.....um nevermind. lol. The nicer 17" wheels with some scuffs. All Terrain tires. No duals but lots of mods done to the engine that you can't see or hear until its time to play. Good on gas, average cost of maintenance. Slightly beefed up transmission. Beefed up stereo. All tuned up and ready for work.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:05 PM

2005Supercharged 6.0 Z71 Ext Cab Short Bed. 50K miles but very quick, plenty of power, and runs great. Some minor scratches and dings,overall in pretty good shape. Only major repair- front suspension was re-done after extensive damage due too much use.Good on the strip or off the road. Ladies love it.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:28 PM
TruckForum Addict

What the heck? I think jcbst12 and 6mins2live missed the ball on this one.

Me: 1986 Peterbuilt. Low mileage although it has been around a bit. Grills dinged up, and it'll need new tires soon. Just gotta paint job a few weeks ago but the body man messed the top up so I sanded it down and it'll have to be redone soon. Other than that it's lookin pretty dawg gone good. Probably needs a few tune up things under the hood but runs strong and it's as reliable as the sunrise. Never been able to find it's work limit. Just a good ole truck. Need to find a good co-pilot SOON.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:12 AM

Ok well than I'll break it down for ya.

We will say 99' not 03' beacuse I look 21 but Im 26 and since 99 and 03 look similar, boom there ya go. I would be a GMC Sierra 5.3 4x4. Cause Im harder working than some, you know professional grade. LTZ Blue without the z71 package. (Why cause I wear blue alot and I look like a typical desk jockey, but I can handle getting my hands dirty. Do more with less). Extended Cab regular bed. 85,000 miles. Scatches and dents that goes along with normal wear and tear. Back seat slightly stained from.....um nevermind. (Im a nympho, duh lol). The nicer 17" wheels with some scuffs. (I like to look good but Im not obsessed) All Terrain tires ( I can do just about anything) . No duals but lots of mods done to the engine that you can't see or hear until its time to play. (I don't talk alot I just do it. I look like a typical guy and innocent but Im strong, a sh*t kicker and I can handle a challenge) Good on gas, average cost of maintenance. (Not a needy guy, pretty independant) Slightly beefed up transmission. Beefed up stereo. All tuned up and ready for work. (Flashier than some but able to handle anything life throws at me).

Better?

Old 04-09-2008, 09:46 PM
TruckForum Addict

[&:]Okay man. Better than mine anyway.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:01 PM

[8D] well i am a lucky one, i live on the big island of hawaii.....called hawaii. it never gets too cold or too hot for me and i get to go to the beach alot. i am a lot bigger since i have a 6 inch procomp suspension lift and my shoes are new...got some black rockcrawlers with goodyear mt/r's and they allow me to reach even more surf spots then before. i am a dark blue 05 crew cab 5.3L LS with the offroad package including locker in the rear and chrome nerf bars. i have a dark tint job going on because the sun is intense in hawaii, and just in case someone tries to break into me i have been outfitted with a nice viper alarm to scare any thiefs away. i get treated to oil changes ever 3k miles or so, had a k&n airfilter installed to help me breath better, got a little redneck air box also, and the colant bypass going on too. some minor dents and dings, but i still look better then most 05's and now that i have been lifted i REALLY LOOK GOOD. i also get to go to the fire station and hang out with the fire trucks.....i like the fire trucks. today i got another wax job....but i need to have the sex wax removed from the bed. a bit sandy at times, but i do love the beach. oh yeah sometimes i take the dog, but lately she has been dropping loads in the bed [:@] and we cant have that!!! so she is grounded from me.....shame on you scooby!!

Old 04-10-2008, 03:47 AM

...he said something about sandy sex. He he he.

I really think the whole point of this thread has been lost though, so let's turn it into a Hillary bashing? Eh? Any takers?

J/K. God, now I'm gonna have a whole mailbox full of angry PMs from tree huggers. Why do I go out of my way to provoke people? Why do so many innocent people become victims of my pointless rage?

Charger probably knows... or failing that, my man Steve will tell me. Right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: explain yourself as you were a vehicle