Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Who else names their trucks?

Old 02-11-2008, 03:37 AM
Default Who else names their trucks?

I admit... it's a tad early in my membership here to be letting you guys know I'm not quite right, but I'm curious.

My truck's name is Major Silva. The name came from a book I read quite a few times, and I just felt a connection to this character.

Anyways, I even came up with a back story/timeline of events.

In August 1994, at a manufacturing plant in Michigan,a truck was commissioned as 2nd Lt, Z71 Division,General Motor Corp,by the great General Motors himself.

His uniform was a shining combination of a silver topcoat that terminates roughly 3/4 of the way to the pavement, with black paint continuing the rest of the way.
His accoutrements include power windows/door locks, AC,AM/FM stereo tape player, and a slate gray interior shod with the finest cloth the General Motor Corp has to offer.

His footwear islisted as 16" wheels, wrapped in 265/75 Michelin all terrain rubber. He takes pride in keeping them as muddy and disrespectful to good order as possible.

Followingthe initial,brief period of 18 months, he was promoted to 1st Lt. He carried out his orders to the best of his ability andwas always reliable to those who needed him.

For the next few years however, he never got the chance to do much in the way of off-road patrolling. This problem was solved by requesting a tranfer of ownership to a new outfit in Marysville WA.

Lieutenant Silva enjoyed his new post. While he did not spend a great deal of time out in the sticks, he did rack up an impressive score on his performance evaluation. He was promoted to Captain as a result.

Another thing he racked up during this time was an impressive amount of miles. 105K to be precise. This was due to a long daily commute to the Boeing plant in Everett WA.

Not satisfied with this assignment any longer, it was time for another transfer of ownership. This time to a young man in Stanwood WA.

Almost as soon as the transfer was approved, a challenge lay before him. A huge renovation project was taking place, and his services were pressed into use. Only after a long and restless month, many scratches had been inflicted, a few miles rung up, the dust settled andthe project was complete.

Taking into account his previous record, his exemplary service, his undying devotion well above and beyond the call of duty, and against outcries of rules and regulations which prohibited it, his new owner promoted on the spot the truck we all now know as Major Silva.

Semper Fi.

I also have other namesfor myother vehicles. They don't have backstories.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:09 AM
Default RE: Who else names their trucks?

WOW............. The back story is cool. I call my truck "My Baby", "The ole girl", and usually a few choice words when it breaks down, which "Knock,knock,knock!!!!" Knock on wood, since i purchased it back in August of '07, the only thing i had to do was just recently the front drivers side wheel bearing let loose, tho i didn't know it, as my ABS light came on first, then when i checked into it further, thats when i realized it, plus i heard a noise when i turned to the right. Other than that.... the ole girl has done me right.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:29 AM

ORIGINAL: chevyrules

the ole girl has done me right.
That's all we can ask for isn't it?

Old 02-11-2008, 08:50 AM

My truck I call "Blue" but its a chick cause, well all my vehicles have been. Like my pappy always said, "If it has **** or tires sooner or later it will give you problems." So its just easier to assume its a chick. It lets you ride it, its easy on the eyes, has nice curves, sounds good when its purring, but costs you money, will all of the sudden need something badly when you finally have money in your pocket and will give you headaches as soon as it gets old.

My old truck I called "Red" so it was natural to call the new one "Blue". No story, just the fact that I was stoked that I finally had a big blue truck like I always wanted.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:23 AM
TruckForum Addict

I named my truck Kong, like King Kong. He's black, has one crap load of power, and does a lot of growling with the flowmaster so it just fit. I was originally going to put KONG in big letters across the windshield and get a friend of the family to air brush a picture of King Kong from the new movie on the tailgate but have kinda dwindled down to just calling him Kong.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:27 AM

I have always named my vehicles after the first girl I banged in it with. So natuarally they would all be girls names. But as I get older I would like if my next truck had a different name, don't tell my wife! J/K!!!!! My old girl would have to be a Full Bird Colonel by now going off of what MAJ SILVA had used for the rank scale and promotion guidlines. DAMN AIR FORCE, no good sayings that haven't been stolen from another branch! Oh well. Mine started here life out as a puller, then I got it. She found that even during the dest drive she would be ridden hard and long, just like the girls like it! Hell within the first two days she had been in 4x4 and off road 4 times. The rest is just history. Now she has over 154000 miles. (94000 from the previous owner)

Old 02-11-2008, 01:01 PM

So far we've got Ole Girl, Blue, Kong, and a nameless truck that is a bird Colonel. I'm feeling a little better about myself already.

There's gotta be more out there.

Here'sa list.

03 Yukon XL Denali - Hans (Mom)
03 Silverado 1500HD - Franz (Mom)
05 ZO6 Corvette - Dieter (Mom)
00 ZO6 Corvette - Black Bastard (Mine)
99 BMW M5 - Rommel (Mine)
99 Pontiac Grand Am - Arctic (Mine)
95 Integra GS-R - Teggy (Mine)
77 Toyota Celica GT - Purple People Eater/Colon Stomper (Mine)
99 Crown Victoria - Rabbit (Brothers)
89 Chevy Van 350 - Beast (Brothers)
99 Jeep Wrangler - Trooper (Brothers)
94 Chevy S-10 - F_P_O_S/*** bag/**** box/death trap (Friends)

Old 02-11-2008, 01:30 PM

To clerify I was just trying to relate to how you have given your truck a rank by it's age and experience level. My trucks name is Danielle, after my wife got drilled in broad daylight in a public park by myself. Henc the name. I have always done that with all of my vehicles. I have had many with different names, kinda a crazy high school time. Some that I would like to forget owning and it's name if you get my drift!

Old 02-11-2008, 03:33 PM

My truck doesnt have a name yet. I guess i just havent come up against anything that i like yet. gpet669 has a pretty good method but i dont think my girlfriend would like that very much

Old 02-11-2008, 03:54 PM

He said his wife got drilled.... in broad daylight.

I LOVE IT!!!! I dea for a new thread topic!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who else names their trucks?