Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Who else names their trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 08:13 AM
Default RE: Who else names their trucks?

I'm in the wrong business I guess. At age 26....

1. I've never had anything newer than a 99.
2. I've never had anything faster than my current truck, well its about a tie between this one and the last one.
3. I went thru school just to exist it seems, school loans every month = the same money I have left over that I did before school when I was working in a garage!
4. Had too much other **** to pay for to afford cool vehicles when I was younger. (Parents are broke as hell)

...only positive note is that I have only been out of school for a year and a half. If **** don't change I'm going back to the garage! Least that was fun!

Old 02-12-2008, 08:30 PM

my friends call my truck the BIG WHITE

Old 02-12-2008, 09:21 PM

Majosilva, i am 36 years old and have went throught the high insurance rates the SR22 bonds and still cannot control myself. I even sold my crotch rocket when my son was born and went back to YZ250 dirt bike because i was afraid i would end up killing myself on the street bike. I still at least once a week top my truck out at 125mph just to get that adrenaline rush.You only live once and it may all end tomorrow or anytime by a freak accident or what ever. So you pretty much have to seize each day.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:21 PM
TruckForum Addict

ORIGINAL: MajorSilva

Case in point, if you're 19-20 years old, don't drive a high performance sports car.
Seriously. Although if no one was aloud to drive a fast car until they hit 21 or so.... that would suck. I don't know what kind of a person I'd be if I didn't have my turbocharged memories to look back to.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:13 AM

Well, I see everyone's point. Yes, going fast and doing generally reckless things is fun. I guess I was dissuaded at an early age that the trade off isn't worth the risk.

I'm already having a problem with my 14 year old brother. He's a speed demon, and he jumps at every opportunity to crawl behind the wheel and mash the pedal.
I told him last year that since I know my mom wouldn't get him a very sexy car for his 16th birthday, that I would take care of it. The first three cars on his list are waaaay out of the question. Mid 90's Dodge Viper, 98-00 ZO6, or a big block equipped 69 Camaro.

Yeah right.
Any ideas for a first car?

Old 02-13-2008, 07:30 AM

Maybe a Geo Metro or something sexy like that. lol seriouly tho maybe something like a Monte Carlo. I have always liked those but i know some people hate them. are you looking domestic or do you not care?

Old 02-13-2008, 07:57 AM

What price range? I take it that you are going to go pretty high. I'd say standrard duty Stang, Acura, WRX (not STI), or something like that. New eclipse GT, they suck but look cool. Hell buy him a Monte SS, I think they look cool.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:36 AM

my son named my truck percy from thomas the tank engine. I thought it was a boy name but was then quiiclky schooled by the 3 yr old that percy is in fact a girl and a very useful engine!

(only those with kids will really get what i just said)

my names have ranged from beatrice- 94 5.0
chicken hawk- 82 buick skyhawk
lady- 04 durango also form Thomas an Friends.
booroo- 91 subaru
i had a "blue" too -92 mustang 4 banger. real name was blue bell cause she couldn't out run a cow.
but they all end up being girls names. probably because they are the only women i will ever really control

Old 02-13-2008, 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: popo

but they all end up being girls names. probably because they are the only women i will ever really control

Bwaaaaa haaaa haaaa.. So true, so true...

I'll probably end up buying my brother something in the 25-35K range. The closer to 25K the better.

I even had a thought that maybe he'd like a Saturn Sky roadster, but knowing him, he'd only be happy with a 'Redline' version. 30K+.

All kidding aside, they look like pretty bad little cars. W00t!

Old 02-13-2008, 07:24 PM

I no this thread is a little old, but I have a couple of car suggestions, none of them being new, as I am 15 and prefer the older cars.

-1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
-1972 CHevrolet Corvette
-1967 Ford Mustang Fastback
-1970 Chevelle
-1980 GMC Caballero SS
-Hell, Get em a 2008 Corvette ZR1

Don't feel bad, we named my moms(thats right, moms) 2006 GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab Duramax the Batmobile. just cause Bat stands for BAD *** TRUCK and the old bat drives it.

We also adjacently named the 2004 Impala the Crapmobile just cause it has 110000 miles on it and it is falling apart.

I am not as priveledged as others, so when I turn sixteen, I have to actually buy my own car, gas, insurance, and pay for damages. I was leaning toward the Caballero, which I can get for $5500, but that will not do so well in the Michigan Winters. Haha, right now we have 18" on the ground and salt is not good for classixs.

Quick Reply: Who else names their trucks?