Commercial Trucks Semi-Trailers, Box Trucks... Any commercial trucks.

To buy used commercial truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 12:10 AM
Beginner
Default To buy used commercial truck

We need to purchase one used truck for our company. I know the risks involved in buying a used commercial truck. So I was researching to get some tips for this. I found some tips from here 10 Things to Look out for when Buying a Used Truck | Truck Loan Center . Rusting is an important factor to consider. Are there any ways to resolve this issue? Recently we have got a used truck through an agent. The only problem with the truck is rust on the back side, near to the rear wheels. Otherwise, it is perfect. That is why I am asking this. Please help me with your replies.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:45 AM
Administrator

What kind of truck are you talking about? Pickup truck, box truck, etc?

Rust will depend on where you live, if you have issues now I assume you are in a northern climate. It all comes down to how the vehicle was taken care of before and how you take care of it currently. The most important factor is how often it is washed and underbody sprayed.

I would make sure hte body and underside components are in good shape, then take some 2" pvc and create an underbody sprayer you can hook to the hose. If you make it common practice that your employees or yourself spray off teh underside a few times a week or every time the truck is driven in salt, it will last you a good long time.

Attached is an image of an example

Attached Thumbnails To buy used commercial truck-hqdefault.jpg