Ford Heavy Duty Discuss your SUPER DUTY F250s, F350s, and the everlasting POWERSTROKE!

1993 Ford E 250 Van Running Rough Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Beginner
Default 1993 Ford E 250 Van Running Rough Questions

As it says above I have a 1993 E250 and the other day it stopped running. I usually run it low on gas because I don't use it everyday. So I was able to coast into a gas station because I thought it was out of gas. I put some gas in it and it wouldn't start. I had some starting fluid so I squirted it in through the air cleaner. It tried to catch but it couldn't keep running. I had it towed home and to make a long story short I found the EEC 30 AMP fuse blown. I replaced it and it started right up. I drove it about 5 miles and let it set for a couple of hours. I got back in and it started up okay but ran like **** excuse my language. Not only did it have no power it shuck the van so badly I thought the engine would fall out. It was that way all the way home another 5 miles. Two things happened the check engine light came on solid and the overdrive light on the gearshift blinked off and on no matter how I pressed the button.

Now here comes the good part. I removed the gas cap and put it back on. The check engine light went out the blinking overdrive like went out it started up and ran fairly smoothly. I drove it about 2 miles and it was okay then it started running really rough again. It has no pickup either the check engine light came on and so did the blinking overdrive light.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on here? And can I just put an electric fuel pump on without removing the one from the tank. Just putting it inline someplace?

Thank you for any help. If you need anymore info please let me know. Don't ask how many miles are on it because the odometer stopped at 160,000 about 6 years ago.