Ford Heavy Duty Discuss your SUPER DUTY F250s, F350s, and the everlasting POWERSTROKE!

2003 F350 Electrical prob??

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 03:32 AM
Default 2003 F350 Electrical prob??

I've got issues!!! Any help will be greatly appreciated...

All of a sudden when I was driving down the road, I turned my A/C on...when I did I noticed that my dash hazzard lights illuminated and the A/C was not blowing as hard as normal. As I turned the selector switch for higher air, the hazzard lights on the dash got brighter. Given...the hazzard lights were not on...on the outside of the truck. Just on the dash. They weren't flashing, just both left/right turn signals were illuminated. When I turned the switch to a lower setting for air, the lights dimmed. With the selector switch on high I was not able to use the left/right turn signal when turning. They wouldn't blink, but when the switch was on a low setting (for air) the blinkers worked.
At night with the switch on the lowest setting, when I turn my headlights on, they don't come on...instead, the hazzard lights on the dash illuminate brightly. When I turn the selector switch (for air) up a notch, the headlights come on. WTF????
The other day I went to light a cigarette and when I pushed in the cig lighter, it wouldn't work but the hazzard lights on the dash illuminated.
I have no clue where to begin looking...I checked the fuses and they are all fine.
If anyone has a clue....please let me know...

Thanks,
Bob

Old 06-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Ford and Dodge Truck Forum Moderator

sounds like a short of some kind, as far as I know the AC and the lights/turn signals are not on the same circuit.

You are going to have to do some investigating. With the AC off does every thing work? If so, then I would start with the wiring for your AC the wires must be shorting somewhere.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Default works

Yes, with the AC off everything works fine. Except when I went to use the cig lighter, then the hazzard lights illuminated with it pushed in. Other than that everything works fine.

Great!!! Time to sweat my *** off finding a short of some kind. Good Times!!!

Thanks for the reply!!

Bob