Ford Heavy Duty Discuss your SUPER DUTY F250s, F350s, and the everlasting POWERSTROKE!

rear abs module location?

Old 02-07-2015, 01:12 PM
Beginner
Default rear abs module location?

having a hell of a time trying to locate the rear abs module in a 2004 f350 with the 2 valve 5.4. the line off the axel that leads to it is missing.. is it between the frame and gas tank? any and all help is appreciated.

thanks cody.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:54 PM
Default goggle is your friend

I never heard of a rear abs module. Every vehicle I have worked on has one abs module that serves the entire vehicle.

Locating the abs module is as easy as finding the brake master cylinder...follow the brakes lines to the abs module.

Last edited by In2Trux; 02-08-2015 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Removed link to another forum
Old 02-09-2015, 10:23 AM
Beginner

That's one of my problems my vehicle is suffering mass brake failure. I followed the brake lines to the rear axel... there are four lines one coming in two that go to each rear tire then another that is missing completely.. I made another post asking what this goes to.. and was told it was to the rear abs module? I am still unable to find visually where it goes.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:50 AM

is the vehicle abs equipped? if you turn the key from off to run; is there an abs light that does a bulb check?

if yes, there should be 2 lines from the m/c that feed the abs pump and 3 that exit the pump.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:03 AM
Administrator

I got your message Mo_Goblins
The ABS control module is located in the front left corner of the engine compartment. Follow the steel brake lines from the master cylinder to the hydraulic control unit. The ABS module is bolted directly to the control module
Let us know if this helps

Is this truck new to you?
Has the ABS worked for you prier to this?
and as Primem asked, Does it have an ABS light in the gauge cluster?

Old 02-10-2015, 03:52 PM
Beginner

I have found the abs module in the engine compartment. From what you said the other day I assumed there was a second unit for the rear? I followed the lines from the abs.module to the rear axel but I still can't find where the missing line from the axel goes. The master cylinder has all lines ran to it as well as the abs module. Nothing seems to be missing from these just the rear axel. maybe someone fixed the line before and it cam apart somewhere I cant see??
Sorry if I'm not very informative.

The vehicle is new to me I bought it with no brakes and my only conclusion is that that line is missing.
The dash cluster doesn't work atm.
The wipers only work on the max setting.
The daytime driving lights for the rear dont work. Brake lights still do.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:10 PM
Beginner

Hey guys so I looked under a different superduty just now and I think I figured it out... I'm pretty sure the line I described does go back to the control module but was split/broken between the frame and gastank.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:44 PM
Administrator

If you found the ABS brake control module in the engine compartment? You can stop looking. Your not gonna find a second one. One controller will control all your ABS needs whether you have 2 wheel or 4 wheel ABS. I would replace any missing or damaged lines and try rebleeding the system

Your not going to have tail lights on while you have day time driving lights.
If you cover your headlight auto sensor, your headlights should get brighter and your dash and taillights should come on

Old 02-11-2015, 10:37 AM
Beginner

thanks I realize that I miss read one of your previous comments in my last feed. and as iv said before the dash cluster doesn't work fuel, battery, temp gage exc.... that's for another time. I tried to upload a picture but cant figure that out either. im still unable to find where my missing line goes followed any and all lines still intact and cant find a broken one.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:26 PM
Administrator

If your lines are all in-tacked and you've bleed the brakes fully and your still getting a soft peddle. You will either still have air in your master cylinder and need to bench bleed it or in your ABS controller and the attached video will show you how to remove air in your controller (even though it's a chev it still applies to a ford)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdiOlEKTqrE