Ford Heavy Duty Discuss your SUPER DUTY F250s, F350s, and the everlasting POWERSTROKE!

regular cab 8 ft swap on a club cab 6 ft?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Default regular cab 8 ft swap on a club cab 6 ft?

hey all,
i just bought a '99 f 250/350 frame with an engine and a front diff and some other goodies. 6 ft bed. i was told it was a club cab. (the cab is gone) i have an entire other truck as a donor with a bad motor and frame.... really bad frame.... the donor is a regular cab of similar year with an 8 ft bed. is this possible without moving all the mounts? i'm going to start taking measurements but any imput would be fantastic. thanks so much

Old 01-03-2012, 06:47 AM

Hello,
I would have to say that the truck would probably need the rubber cab mounts since the super cab is longer than the regular cab. Now it shouldn't be to hard to move those probably forward and then the cab should just slap right on. Now as for the bed I don't think that is going to work because there is going to much frame. If you think about the club cab is a regular cab with about estimating about 3 to 4 feet of another door which means the bed is only 8 ft so that means it won't work. I mean how are you going put an 8 foot bed on 10 feet of frame. It might be smarter if you went and got yourself a utility bed or a flatbed depending on the reasoning for this truck. So, if you were to move the cab mounts and get your self a flat bed or utility bed then you will have one good truck.
Trav