Ford Heavy Duty Discuss your SUPER DUTY F250s, F350s, and the everlasting POWERSTROKE!

2005 F-250 Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Default 2005 F-250 Transmission

Has anyone else have this problem? Have you had to replace your tranny @ what mileage??

My 2005 started to leak transmission fluid in reverse only(from right front tranny pan) I thought it was a cracked gasket..took it to dealer and the said there was a hole worn in the casing at the top caused by the reverse band letting go and rubbing against the case? With only 55,000 mi ???
Worried that something else would let go and ruin both the tranny more and the engine (6.0L diesel) ordered rebuilt tranny. Ford said that since warranty was off...SOL!! I had to go away on bussiness trip for a few days and when returned asked to see the old tranny and the hole....said that scrap dealer picked it up that morning???? Very suspect??? The explanation on the bill was "transmission housing was cracked."

I do pull a Jayco Eagle trailer 8,800lbs...far far below the towing capacity of this truck!!

Wrote a letter to Ford Canada ..will see what will happen??

BUILT FORD TOUGH!! ??????????????????????????not that day!!!

Last edited by hummer; 05-23-2011 at 10:58 AM. Reason: update
Old 04-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Beginner
Smile getting parts back

You should be able to get to see the parts or even get them back if you want them, so I can see where you are concerned. Since there is a core charge for certain parts, if you wanted it/them back you might have to pay that charge but I can not imagine that there would be a core charge for a leaky transmission pan or worn band. So, they should have kept the parts until you had the chance to ask about seeing them.
In their defense, since you got the work done at a dealer, I would suspect that the parts were actually bad. It has been my experience that although the dealer is one of the most expensive shops to go to, they are usually straight with the customer on big ticket items granted they, as most shops, do like to nickel and dime the smaller ticket items if they can. However, had you gone to some hole in the wall shop you might have reason to worry not only about the truthfulness of the transaction but also the completeness of the work, and getting the work done at the Ford house gives you someplace you know you can go back to.
I got my transmission replaced last October at AAMCO. It was not cheap but that thing pulls two tons in idle now. I got a parts upgrade package, and some other bells and whistles that I don't even remember but boy does it pull. Before, I had to step on the gas to get it to pull but now I just let off the brake

Last edited by geomath; 04-28-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:29 PM

OK...I called Ford and explained to them my concerns reguarding the transmission. They took all info down and then told me that since warranty was off and no recalls for the truck ..."It is up to me to do and pay all repairs on your Ford product..Ford has no obligation to compensate me for any work done on the truck...it is now your responsiblity." No warranty S.O.L....
So much for loyality to its Ford customers. @ only 50,354 miles!!!! but 5 years have pasted and they would not budge!!

Last edited by hummer; 06-09-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Default No word!!

Well it has been a while and no response from Ford!! they just don't care...they got your money and that is that!!

I guess the Super Duty part of the truck was not added...as there was no super duty in this truck to begin with....????? Just another name!!! Be warned...