Ford Ranger/ Mazda B-Series Discuss the Ford Ranger and it's sister, the Mazda B-series here.

97 Mazda B-4000 Turn Signals and Hazard Flasher are out, not Fuses

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Beginner
Default 97 Mazda B-4000 Turn Signals and Hazard Flasher are out, not Fuses

I have a '97 Mazda B-4000, Xtra Cab, Automatic Trans (same as the Equiv Ranger w/ 4-Litre V6) and I have no Turn signals or Hazard light. Nothing else seems to have failed. I've pulled fuses at 21 and 22 in the dash driver side Fuse Box and both are fine, even checked them on a DMM. If I recall, this did not happened as a sudden total failure, I think a few times I put on the turn signals and they weren't working in between times they did work. The steering column turn "arm" does pop back to center position after making a turn and I hear a contact in the switch making a connection - but not signals. The Hazard flasher is also not functioning and I believe it went out at the same time, but can't be sure since I rarely used it. There is no signal ticking sound. All the turn signal bulbs are good.

I can't seem to find any information WHERE the Turn Signal Flasher Relay is at. The Chilton manual is useless, only refers to a location up to 1995 models. I've looked under the dash driver side and don't see anything. Does anyone know precisely where it is and how to replace it? Does it control the Hazard Flasher too?

Also confused about the "Multi Switch" - is that as separate module and where is it located, or is that actually the whole control arm assembly on the steering column??

Would appreciate some expert advice.

If you great helpers know what component has failed, could you add a part number or proper name so I can Google for the part, and suggestions where best to find it cheap? Money's tight in retirement ... or just living.