General Motors Tech Chevy tech talk within.

After starting in the morning the truck sometimes stops

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 08:57 AM
Beginner
Default After starting in the morning the truck sometimes stops

I have a 6 year old truck that drove 160000 miles. I have it serviced on a normal schedule. It is a 3.2 liter diesel common rail truck. By the way, I live in Thailand so the model is different from the US. It is a Mitsubishi truck.

Once and a while, when I start it after maybe 5 to 10 seconds it stops. It is doing this only if I didn't drive it for let's say about 12 hours. So in the morning. Once it is running (and the engine is warm) all is fine.

Even though of course the engine has to warm up, the temperature here is over a hundred F.

Even after the last service it has still the same. Last service I changed oil and oil filter among other things.

Any idea what it can be?

Old 05-05-2016, 09:50 AM
Beginner

Originally Posted by eplegrand
I have a 6 year old truck that drove 160000 miles. I have it serviced on a normal schedule. It is a 3.2 liter diesel common rail truck. By the way, I live in Thailand so the model is different from the US. It is a Mitsubishi truck.

Once and a while, when I start it after maybe 5 to 10 seconds it stops. It is doing this only if I didn't drive it for let's say about 12 hours. So in the morning. Once it is running (and the engine is warm) all is fine.

Even though of course the engine has to warm up, the temperature here is over a hundred F.

Even after the last service it has still the same. Last service I changed oil and oil filter among other things.

Any idea what it can be?
Even though the outside temperature is hot out the engine oil still has to warm up. Oil is thick before its warmed up. Once it warms up it can properly distribute through the engine. Try letting it warm up before you take off see if that helps.