General Truck Tech Do you have a question that doesnt apply to a certain make or model, ask it here!

Truck tailgate steps?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Default Truck tailgate steps?

I just got a truck, and I do alot of tailgating. Does anyone have in recommendations for me?

The coolest thing I stumbled upon was this z-bench (http://www.z-bench.com/) thing . Im kinda interested, but I like do my research first. Anyone use this before? Anything like it?

Im open for discussion.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:32 AM
TruckForum Addict
Default re bench thing

it looks cheap and will break shortly after so many uses it looks to be aluminum its a good metal but it just looks cheap and after alot of weight over the usage will break at the legs maybe you can find a steal one

Old 02-10-2011, 05:57 PM

hmmm, I guess that could be true. Im still looking for something as useful though. Has anyone found something just like this made of steal. Wouldnt that be hella heavy?

Old 03-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Default Steel Steps

Check out TailGate Master Truck Steps - not only are they steel (durable), but they attach and detach in seconds, nothing to bolt onto your tailgate (no trip hazards), and the adjustable legs rest on the ground providing the most solid foundation and taking the strain off the tailgate.

You can check out a video on YouTube at -

Or on facebook at - TailGate Master Truck Steps | Facebook

These are absolutely the best steps on the market.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Talking Tailgate steps/z-bench

I saw a comment about the Z-Bench not being strong enough to hold any weight because it is aluminum. well if you look on the web site www-z-bench.com, there is a picture with 1034 pounds on the z-bench and it does not add any weight to the suspension. It is made of the same material as bleachers and stadiums and the last I checked there is not weight limit posted for stadium seating. It is anodized so it does not corrode.
The legs adjust with one touch to a range of 28 inches to 45 inches.
Made in the USA guaranteed.
Here is a review i found while looking up the z-bench, just click on this address, Bed Extender/Bench/Cargo Box! - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

Old 03-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Default z-bench

Oh the Z-Bench also is detachable. You can also get the lock option.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Administrator
Old 03-30-2011, 07:14 AM
Administrator

I think the bench or the step would get in the way or damaged. I don't think anybody would use it to sit on at a tailgate party. (Too low)

Old 04-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Default Not for everyone, but...

Certainly tailgate steps aren't for everyone, and I certainly don't want to bolt anything to my tailgate.

But I have to say that I just had a customer order more steps because his employees actually had a knock down drag out brawl over who would get to use the truck with steps. If you're a Harry Homeowner that hardly uses the bed of your truck, steps aren't worth it. However, if you are in and out of your truck daily your knees and hips will thank you for using steps.

And for the tailgater, making it easier to access the cooler in the back of your truck is a no-brainer.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Default truck step

I see some guys are worried about drilling a couple holes in their tailgate. I guess you've never seen a technician install a sound system in your truck.

I have installed a hundred Z-Benches and they they don't hurt your truck they actually save your tailgate from the stress of sitting on them because the Z-Bench has adjustable legs that support all the weight you put on them.

Z-bench claims to support 600 lbs, but if you look on the web site they have a picture with over 1000 lbs on the Z-Bench and there is no effect on the suspension.

Where else are you going to get a step, a bench, a table, and a cargo holder all rolled up in one tight package?

Quick Reply: Truck tailgate steps?