New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Looking for a used truck what to buy

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 03:17 AM
Default Looking for a used truck what to buy

Hello, I am a newbe to this great looking forum,
I have 3 young kids, wife & a dog (lab) travels, 2 cats that do not travel. I currently own an 81 f-250 300 6 cylinder extra cab. It is getting old and rusted but has been reliable as hell (god knows how many k are on it it oly goes to 100k). I want to buy a new used truck $15k-20k. It may be a daily driver (wife and I have not decided if we will get a beater and I drive it to work 17km one way, and she drives the good vehicle dropping off and picking kids up at school and sports stuff) but I need somthing farly fuel efficient, 4X4 for snow traveling and boat ramps, 4 door for the kids, and preferabbly long box to leave me with a big camper option. I already have a truck in mind but not locked in yet, but I do not want to make my opion known untill I hear from you guys. I am not loyal to any brand, performance and reliabilty is bottom line. I will say I used to own a 89 toyota sr5 4x4 v6 and loved it, but feel I am looking at the big 3 due to size requirments and cost because I can not afford a new toyota that have the big cabs or any other new truck. I will say I am leaning more towards a diesel but realize some of the pros- and cons. Your thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated. PS I hunt, fish and love a good road trip adventure.

Average Joe