New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Need help removing rock chips off my chevy silverado pickup asap!!!!

Old 11-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Beginner
Question Need help removing rock chips off my chevy silverado pickup asap!!!!

Hi my name is Steven, I am new to this forum... I have a 1999 Chevy Silverado pickup truck (SILVER) with rock chips on the hood, doors and bumper, I've been doing a lot of reading in the forum but cant find anything about rock chip repair... I saw a TV commercial this past Sunday on Car Crazy on the Velocity Channel for a company called EZ Chip Repair.. I went to their website Ezchiprepair.com and looked around.. the product looks good, so I went to google and read their reviews and they have mostly good reviews. So my question is has anyone in this forum tried this product??? I would love their feedback before I buy it... thank you

Old 11-13-2013, 05:49 PM

You dont remove rock chips....You either fill them or sand the rest of the paint off and repaint the truck. I am guessing this product you saw is something that fills the chips. Unless it is a perfect paint match, it is going to show and look bad.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Welcome to Truck Forums
Like Poncho said You can't remove stone chips.
You can sand them out (feather edging) then prime and paint or cover them with a color match gravel guard.

If you decide to give this product a try, come back and give us your review

Old 11-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Beginner
Smile Happy With My Decision!!!!

Originally Posted by In2Trux
Welcome to Truck Forums
Like Poncho said You can't remove stone chips.
You can sand them out (feather edging) then prime and paint or cover them with a color match gravel guard.

If you decide to give this product a try, come back and give us your review

Hey thank you for replying... I purchased the product from EZ Chip Repair and it was the best decision I ever made, my care looks as good as new again, the product is affordable and works great... I even recommend it to a few of my friends and they were also satisfied with the results.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Beginner
Smile Happy!!!

Originally Posted by poncho62
You dont remove rock chips....You either fill them or sand the rest of the paint off and repaint the truck. I am guessing this product you saw is something that fills the chips. Unless it is a perfect paint match, it is going to show and look bad.

Hey thank you for replying... I purchased the product from EZ Chip Repair and it was the best decision I have ever made.. the product works great, my car looks brand new again... the chips are not visible anymore.. this product is affordable and works great!!! I even recommend it to a few of my friends and they were satisfied with the results also.. thanks again