New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

TJ Lasich

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 01:42 PM
Beginner
Question TJ Lasich

I have a 95 Dodge 2500 4x4 & was wondering if anyone knows if there is a conversion kit available for the rear brakes to convert them from drum brakes to disc rotors, also is their a conversion kit available for the front disc brakes where you can replace the front disc rotors without having to pull the hub assembly off?

Old 02-02-2017, 12:05 PM
Administrator

I really hate when people don't answer the question and instead question someones intent... but I'll do it anyways.

Why do you want to change drums to disks? I'm sure it's possible, but it would be a huge waste of time for minimal improvement, especially on a twenty something year old truck. I prefer the deferred maintenance of drums and combined with a good set of front pads you'll get very similar performance.

On to your second point, this is the b*tch of the entire thing. I HATE THIS DESIGN. If you're going to do the brakes on this truck you would almost be better off buying an entire new hub assembly from the get-go, because there is an extremely good chance you'll destroy it or wiggle it just enough so you'll get it all back together and have a noisy bearing.

My 98 GMC had the exact same setup and it was not fun, especially after spending it's entire life in salt.

Honestly I wish I had better news for you.