Nissan Frontier Discuss the Nissan Frontier here

Loose Sunroof Handle rattling my brain (please help)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Default Loose Sunroof Handle rattling my brain (please help)

Hey Frontiersmen (and women)!

I'd like to preface my first post expressing how stoked I am to finally join such a dynamic, friendly and knowledgeable truck enthusiast forum such as this one. I've been a die-hard truck fan for 15 years now and have owned everything from a Chevy Silverado to my current 2004 Frontier

Enough about me though, I have a rather pressing question regarding the sunroof handle assembly on my Frontier. Whenever I try opening up the sunroof I've noticed that the handle is extremely loose lately and is causing the whole handle assembly to rattle. I realize that this isn't the end of the world but I'm a bit **** when it comes to car maintenance so I would like to rectify this issue in a timely manner before I drive myself or my wife nuts with incessant complaining

I did some research on the part and found out that there's a sunroof handle packing wedged underneath the handle itself. (for those who were like me and had no idea what the heck this part was, it's part code 736660G in this Frontier sunroof diagram) I'm wondering if this piece has somehow become compromised and is consequently causing the handle to rattle.

Could someone please weight in on the validity of my theory? Is there anything that I can do to stop the handle from rattling? Your help is GREATLY appreciated folks!