Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

About vehicle service

Old 03-20-2017, 11:56 PM
Beginner
Default About vehicle service

My query is something related to vehicle service and maintenance. I have bought a Honda Civic from a used car dealer. Now I need to give proper service for it. I am not an expert in automobile mechanics. Recently I read a blog. In that, they have described getting car care advice. Here you can find the blog https://www.autoloansolutions.ca/blo...ld-trust-most/. For new vehicles, getting service from authorized service centers would be fine. But What about used or old cars? Which choice would be more suitable? Please share your opinion here. Thank you.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Here's my train of thought on all vehicles:

1. Diagnose problem with the internet, a handy code reader, etc.

2. If it's something I think I can do myself, I generally pick up the parts from Napa and do it- I also talk to everyone I can to see if I can pick up some tricks. Youtube generally has a video for everything as well.

3. If it's more in depth on an older car, I'll call around and look up part prices. If the part prices are inflated, I'll purchase the parts and have a local shop install them. if they're the same, typically Midas is the best priced place to have work done. NOTE: Midas will not install owner parts.

4. For a newer vehicle or electrical work I'll go to the dealer. Same with all recall work and oil changes. Oil changes for my truck are actually the cheapest at the dealer, and they wash it.