Report Concerns, Make Suggestions, & Get Help Using The Forum A.K.A. Feedback Section Have questions, comments, or concerns about the website, post them here! NO TECH POSTS

Problems with Washing a Truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Default Problems with Washing a Truck

I just got a job washing heavy truck(you know,for transport) . I'm having a little bit of problems on how to wash it.Ex: Do I start by the top or the bottom? or What are the spot I really need to get? Do you guys have any tips on it. I am just a teenager so I do not have a lot of experience with vehicles. It would be amazing if you guys can help.

Any truckers or drivers that can give me a hand?

Thank You and God bless,Vernon

Old 07-31-2011, 07:29 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Always start from the top and work down or you will be washing dirt from above on the area you just cleaned. I have driven a truck and the main things I wanted squeaky clean was windows, mirrors, and lights. This is obviously for safety reasons. The rest of the truck should be clean as well so the company truck looks good going down the road (advertisement). Don't clean the grease off the 5th wheel (the part that slides under the trailer and hooks to the kingpin on the trailer). This needs to be kept lubricated. Good luck with the new gig!

Old 08-01-2011, 04:32 AM
Administrator

Congratulations on your new job Vernon.
Liston to Mr_Shamrock When I was still driven truck I wanted my wheels to look spotless too.

When I use to was my truck... I started from the top then worked my way down.
Opened the hood and washed the top of the hood. Then closed it to rinse clean.

Let us know how it goes.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:50 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by Mr_Shamrock
Always start from the top and work down or you will be washing dirt from above on the area you just cleaned. I have driven a truck and the main things I wanted squeaky clean was windows, mirrors, and lights. This is obviously for safety reasons. The rest of the truck should be clean as well so the company truck looks good going down the road (advertisement). Don't clean the grease off the 5th wheel (the part that slides under the trailer and hooks to the kingpin on the trailer). This needs to be kept lubricated. Good luck with the new gig!
if the truck has a 5th wheel pad a round plastic piece on the 5th wheel it does need cleaned of grease that is so you dont have to grease the 5th wheel also clean all the grease points if they want you too cause most trucks i have washed i always regreased the greas points afterwards
also like he said mirrors windows lights and the rest
one thing i make sure are very clean is the hoses and what not in the engine compartment and on the rear of the frame be careful when doin that thow the pressure washer can puncture the hoses i use the lowest pressure tip and i hold it back about 1-1/2 feet to 2 feet
the reason i wash them parts is so the next time they pop the hood they can spot leaks easier
and congrats on the job

one more thing to avoid is the air cleaner under the hood if you get water in there it could cause engine problems

Old 08-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Default Thank you

Hello everyone and thank you guys so much for your support!

So sorry that I responded so darn late,but anyways I am using all your suggestion and my boss is really happy,and so are the truckers.

Again Thank You All

Old 08-07-2011, 02:30 PM
TruckForum Addict

your welcome

Old 08-08-2011, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Glad to hear your job is starting off on the rite foot.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:05 AM
Beginner

Congrats for your new job.......best of luck for your future

Old 09-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Administrator

LOL I don't think it's a NEW JOB anymore

Can we get an up date? It's been 14 months. Are you still washing trucks? You own the company yet ?