Sights N' Sounds This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Trucks, and Off Topic.

Good Deeds Thread - Post Up

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Default Good Deeds Thread - Post Up

Today my friend and I were going through the Wal-Mart parking lot and as we were leaving came across a pair of guys standing in front of an '01 Silverado with the owners manual. Both were scratching their heads, and just looking blankly into the engine bay.

I suggested to my friend that we help these dudes, you know, at first , just to be a douche and mess with them (we were in 400hp SRT-4) . When we roll up my buddy asks "Is everything OK ?" The one guy says that it's all good... so we drive away. We didn't get a twenty feet before the other guy starts yelling at us. We reverse and the first guy goes "Do you guys know Chevy's ?"

Of course , we reply , and then the guy drops the bomb shell on us.

"Where is the starter on here and what does it look like ?"

!!!

I looked at my friend and told him that if we left these kids here they were doomed (LOL) and that we should help. So like the dumb *** I am I got out of the car and began to help the guys out. Finally the driver/owner figures he is going to need a new starter and I mention the Orielly Auto Parts I work at was about a half a mile from the Wal-Mart.......and we spent the next ten to twenty minutes PUSHING the truck to the store, then helped pull off the old one and re-install the new one.

At the end of it all, he looks at us, shakes our hands and drives off. No reward or anything like that....FML

POST YOUR GOOD DEED

Old 09-02-2009, 07:14 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Here is a bit of a funny deed...
I was on my way to the gym one night when I came to the stop light just before getting there. I was behind a guy in some sort of sedan (I can't remember what kind). When the light turned green he just sits there so I bump my horn at him. He still just sits there. I couldn't back up b/c the line behind me had crept up so close and they were beginning to honk one by one as well. So I get out and see what is going on. About that same time the guy gets out and says "Damn thing just quit". He then asks if I could give him a little push so he wasn't blocking traffic. There was a little side street just to the right so I told him to cut his wheels to the right. So he is standing with the door open and steering while I help him push it out of the way. I gave him a good running push for about 10 feet and got it moving and ran and got into my truck and went to the gym. I am about 5 steps out of my truck when a car pulled up next to me and the driver literally rolls out of his car laughing his *** off. He was one of the people that were behind me waiting for the broke down guy to move. He then informs me that the road I pushed him down had a very steep downgrade and the genius never jumped into the car instead he held on to the steering wheel with the car door open lost his footing and the car drug him for about half a block until it ran into some bushes. I know you guys are saying this isn't a good deed, but I did get him out of the busy highway...I think that other guy might still be laughing!!!!

Old 09-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Administrator

HAHAHA wow!

A few weeks back I was dropping a friend off at his house and there was a 48 Chevy Apache pulled off to the side of the road. I pulled into the neighborhood, dropped him off and when I left the truck was still sitting there. I pulled over and helped him out. He thought he had a flat, so he pulled over to check and when he got back in, the battery had died. It turned out that he had pulled so far off the road that it wasn't even possible to push it by hand so he could pop the clutch and get it running. I had loaned out the jumper cables that I have kept behind my seat so I was screwed there. I got in my truck and crept up real close behind him and barely tapped the rear bumper so I wouldn't do any damage. I then proceeded to push him back out on to the road and got him rolling, He got it started and drove away

Old 09-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Nice!
When I sill lived in Florida I was driving down the long stretch that goes down to Key Largo. On the side of the road was a man, his wife, and 2 kids in their truck with a boat behind it. The boat trailer had a flat and he was stuck. For those of you that have ever been down to the Keys you know what I mean. I got about 1/4 mile past him when I remembered I had the spare to my boat trailer in the back of my truck (I wasn't pulling the boat that day). I turned around thinking the odds of my rim fitting his trailer are slim to none. When I got back I soon found out that he didn't even have a jack or anything. So I kind of measured his lug pattern against my wheel (the ole hold your fingers on one and try and keep them still and compare to the other trick) and it seemed to match. So I pulled my jack out of the truck and we installed it on his trailer. The tire was just a hair smaller, but the rim went right on. The fact that I would probably never see my spare again was definitely on my mind, but having been in his situation before felt sorry for the guy. I gave him my information and he assured me he would bring it back by my shop first thing Monday morning. Well sure enough he did. He tried to pay me and I refused. A couple weeks later he came by the shop again with 6 real nice sized lobsters. They were GOOD!!!!!!

I have decided to make this a STICKY...we need some good stories these days!!!!!

Last edited by Mr_Shamrock; 09-02-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:08 AM

Hi i have read the good deeds you all have done, nice job you all have done.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Default Good Deeds Thread Post Up

On the Day of Judgement an unopened book will be brought forward and placed before Allah. Allah would say: Throw it into the Fire The Angels would say: By Your Might We only see good in it. Allah would reply: This ie the good deeds that you see in it were not done for My sake. Any deed that is not done for My sake, I do not accept. Al-Bazzar and Al-Tabarani

Old 07-26-2010, 09:23 PM

Nice post! it's good to lend a helping hand in those two...they sure were naive when it comes to their truck, the Chevy Silverado.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:26 AM

Well, the best would be not to be expecting in return for each good deed you guys did. As Mr_Shamrock told us, he got "GOOD" lobsters from the guy he helped.

You guys did well. Congrats

Last edited by ctrucks; 07-28-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:56 PM

haha well i am nineteen and have helped an adult man change his tire and pull many out the ditches with my old jeep. It was like i had a recker service when i had that thing!

Old 12-11-2010, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by GyprobE09
On the Day of Judgement an unopened book will be brought forward and placed before Allah. Allah would say: Throw it into the Fire The Angels would say: By Your Might We only see good in it. Allah would reply: This ie the good deeds that you see in it were not done for My sake. Any deed that is not done for My sake, I do not accept. Al-Bazzar and Al-Tabarani
Well...I thank God that I will not be judged by Allah, then.

Quick Reply: Good Deeds Thread - Post Up